*¬*Chapter Fifteen*¬*

Magic. It courses through my veins, burns deep in my belly. It's warm and gentle, yet the power I feel hidden within is dangerous. It's uncharted and untrained. I'm a lethal weapon waiting to be used.

"Althea?" Arrow's voice calls out to me, her tone indicating worry and caution. "Can you hear me? Are you ok?"

I lay there in silence, breathing in the smells. Everything feels heightened. Each sense is now on high alert, it's overwhelming.

"Miss Alinac?" Kazimir's voice ripples to me, suddenly my body is tingling. Something reaches for him, aching to be closer.

Mine. It whispers. I've never reacted this strongly to his voice before. It's different. Everything is different.

"Thea?" Both of them call in usion. This time I slowly turn my eyes towards them, hearing the gasp from Arrow as she whispers, "By the gods Thea... your eyes. They're glowing."

Something rumbles in my chest, making my skin feel warm and my fingers curl into knots. "What happened to you?" She asks me. Kazimir remains silent. His face guarded and jaw clenched.

Finally opening my mouth, I let out a heaved sigh before asking "What happened?" Both of them regard the other before Arrow gingerly lays on the edge of my bed, her hand reaching for mine.

"You saved me, Thea. You pushed me out of the way so that Augustus's blast wouldn't kill me. You... you died for a moment but then Kazimir gave you a drop of his blood and suddenly the life was coming back to your body. You began to glow and then it vanished."

I blink, "You gave me your blood?" He's not looking at me but his hard gaze is trained on the wall as he grits out, "Yes. It was the only way I knew how to keep you alive. If someone with human mortality gains even a single drop of blood from a High Lord they become immortal. I did it to keep you safe."

He sounds defensive, almost like he's expecting me to freak out. But why would I? This is what I wanted, I wanted to feel like I belonged, like I was finally equal in power and strength.

"Thank you." I whisper. His eyes shoot to mine, their colour turning liquid before solidifying. "You're welcome." He murmurs in return. I'm about to say more when suddenly the door to my room bursts open.

"Where is she?!" Augustus stomps into the room, his face contorted into anger but then it 'softens' when he sees me. "Oh Althea darling, you're alright. I'm so glad you're alright." He pushes Arrow out of the way and takes her place on the side of my bed. His arms going around me as he tugs me tightly to his chest.

"You're ok. I've got you, sweetheart." I hate him. I hate this male with everything in me, but I remember Myra's words, how I have to play along. To pretend.

I would much rather not. The idea of sticking a hot poker in my eye is far more appealing.

Dark laughter ripples within my mind and when I turn my head to peer over Augustus's shoulder I see Kazimir smirking at me.

Are you inside my head again High Lord?

I wouldn't dare dream of it. Not after the scolding you gave me last time. The fake horror of being caught in his tone amuses me.

Hmm... seems you didn't get the message last time. I'll have to properly scold you this time.

His deep huff of laughter echos within my brain, sending goosebumps down my spine. Making the magic in my belly clench and stretch towards his voice. Oh Thea, darling... I missed you.

"Thea, sweetheart. Are you ok?" I realize Augustus was asking me a question and to play my part well I sigh, bury my face in his neck and nod my head. "Yes, I'm alright thank you for being here." But to Kaz I project, I have something to tell you in private. It's important.