*¬*Chapter Nineteen*¬*

Remembering that Arrow wanted an explanation of what happened, the rest of dinner passes by in a flurry of eating, talking, and reliving the experience of being under ground at the foot of that mountain. I tell her about Augustus and his plan to bring back his great grandfather Xavier, about my visions with my ancestor Myra, about how iron chains were used to stifle my powers. I tell her about Fen and the master key and how I had to flirt a little to retrieve it. Kaz gives a low snarl at that, which absurdly makes me pleased.

I rencounter getting free, finding Kaz and setting himself along with all the other prisoners free. We tell her everything. Once the story is over, Arrow sits there with her mouth pursed and arms crossed.

"Sounds like we have an adventure on our hands."

"What do you mean?"

"Well if Augustus is after reviving his grandfather to gain all his power and become king of the world, then we need to stay one step ahead all the time. You know where Myra hid the Blood Crown. That you're the only one who can access it. We need to get to it before he does."

"That would be great, but I don't even know where to start looking for a tomb like that nor would I know what to do with the crown once I found it."

"We'll figure that out as we go. For now, you two need to sleep. I made sure Tara was sent away, she'll be reunited with her mate soon; so neither of you have to worry about her disturbance anymore."

I stare at Arrow in awe, she did all of that for us. For me. "Thank you." I whisper. She shakes her head, "I know you're mates with Kaz, but you were my friend first. So I'd do anything to keep you safe." Her kindness reminds me of Rosemary, my dear friend from home. "Wait, what about my family? My kingdom and people and friends? What am I to do about them?"

"You can't go back home. Not that you've openly claimed to being my mate." I glare at Kaz, "Are you forbidding my from seeing my own family?"

"Of course not. You can do as you please Althea. I'm simply stating that because this is new and we have not yet solidified the bond, it is unsafe for you to go anywhere. Even to your own home."

"Why?"

"Because it is common for families to reject the bond. You're parents do not like me, and they will do everything they can to destroy the mating bond. Althea, I cannot risk that. Not until we are able to come up with a way to show them that I will treat you with the care and respect you deserve."

I pause, thinking back on how this story began. How he was in my home and was helping us stop a civil war that killed many of my people. He made a deal with my mother and collected it.

He's right, there's no way they'll like that we're fated. Sitting up with my shoulders back, I cross my arms and hum softly. "I could always set up a meeting with them. Have them meet you at their palace and we can have a meal together. Getting to know each other. I know that may sound like a long shot, but it may be the only shot we have. If I can convince them that I'm fine and that you're good; they'll approve of it."

"And if they don't?"

I swallow not wanting to think about it, about what kind of predicament that will put me in should they decline the bond.

"Then I'll figure that out should the time come." Feeling suddenly nauseous, I stand quickly and march upstairs; needing to be away from it all. Arrow's voice shouts after me, "I had all your things moved to Lord Kazimir's room. Just for safe measures. Hate me all you want, you'll thank me later!"

Growling to myself more, even though I know she's right, I stomp into Kaz's room and slam the door needing a few minutes to cool down and figure out what the hell I'm going to do about my family potentially trying to ruin this.