*¬*Chapter Forty Two*¬*

Violent waves rip through the air around us and knocks everyone off their feet. It tears from my skin and core, screaming through the very centre of the universe. We hit the ground with a horrible crash, my body slamming into the mud and rocks as Curseclaw slams into my stomach.

The air snaps from my lungs, the life circling around my heart until it quiets. Until in a singular moment, everything stops and all there is; is silence.

Althea and Curseclaw hit the earth in a horrible display of power. I watch as she hits the earth first, their fall from mount Voiceless was long and all I could do was watch. Watch is my mate link herself to that demon and then unleashed herself upon this world.

That crown upon her head glowed brighter than anything I've seen before and I watched as violet waves crashed through us. Ripping the air from our lungs and pressing us into the ground. I'm on my knees, holding my throat when I hear the roaring boom of their bodies shattering the earth.

My heart races in my chest as I glance up, trying to push against the suppressing force of Thea's power but I can't. Even my magic is no match for it.

By the gods...

Violet domes encircle us, keeping some of us safe while others are screaming in agony. Shields. She's shielding those she loves from the worst of her magic. That's why all I got was winded.

Ryder, Fin, Raven and Arrow are in the next bubble beside me, their faces wide with horror and shock.

The other kingdoms are struggling to get back on their feet.

"How do we stop her?" Ryder shouts over the noise.

"What do you mean?" I ask. "Kaz, we can't fight this. She's absorbed the true power of that crown and possibly more, if she does too deep we could loose her forever. We need to stop her before it's too late." Raven's word sear through me. As much as I hate the idea I know she's right.

"We need to gather every high lord and lady, we need to group together and use our powers as one."

"You mean use someone as a conduit to hold the power of four kingdoms?" Arrow whispers. I nod. "Yes."

"Kaz are you insane?" I shake my head, "No. But that's my mate and I will not lose her. Not ever again."

Everyone remains silent as we turn to face the darkness before. A darkness that has begun to consume my mate.

Hello beautiful queen. It's so nice to finally meet you.

Darkness purrs to me, sliding caressing fingers along my cheeks and through my hair. The Crown laughs softly as it reaches deeply within my being and plucks at the kernel of demon blood that's been silently waiting for decades.

It's time we use this. Combine that with your Blood Bending magic and the power of your ancestor, you will become a creature of history. Unstoppable.

When you waken from this slumber, you will be changed. Unrecognizable.

I'm suddenly uncomfortable. My arms won't move, my body can't move. I'm stuck here, in the dirt and mud, with a roaring blood demon attached to me.

My eyes can see but not at the same time. It's like I'm looking at the scene from outside myself. Yet I can still feel the panic and fear that courses through me.

Althea Alinac, a blessing to this earth and a curse as well. Welcome to your royal awakening.

Something clicks within me.