*¬*Chapter Forty One*¬*

"I love you my sweet girl." My mother whispers as the life quickly vanishes from her. Her legs giving out and her body slumps forward until it crumples to the ground with a sick thud.

Silence. Utter silence enters my head as I watch her die. As I stare at my mother and the life that was just stolen from her. My mother, the greatest warrior this world has ever seen; gone, just like that.

Her hair nestles lovingly against her back, her shoulders loose in death.
Agony. It ripples along my skin, sending goose bumps. I can't breathe, can't think, can't see.

Dead. My mother is dead.

The male who killed her, relaxes his stance, his eyes glittering with arrogant satisfaction. His smirk curling along his face as he watches me slowly shatter.

"Mom." I whimper. I take one step, two, before my legs give out and I crumple beside her body.

Holding her in my arms, I bow my head and place a kiss to her hair. "Mom, wake up." I whimper. But she doesn't move.

The iron tipped arrow that's still sticking out of her chest killed her instantly, no way to heal from it. "Mom..." I gasp again.

"Please... please come back."

But she doesn't move. Bowing my head, I weep. Not the soft type of weeping where tears fall quietly down your face. It's the type of weeping where the sobs are so violent that it wrenches from your throat and leaves your body shaking as breath is stolen from your lungs.

I let out a wail. A wail of shattering pain as my heart splits in half at the fact that my mother is dead and she's never coming back. I will never see her again.

Don't cry my child. I will always be with you.

Her voice soothes me from wherever she is.

"Mom?" I mumble.

I'm here baby. I love you so much and I'm sorry we weren't there for you when you needed us. I'm sorry that we failed you. Let my death be my justice to you.

But I don't care. I don't care about any of that. My mother was always kind. She was always the reasonable one out of my parents. I had forgotten about that pain as they refused to meet my mate and how my father had hit me when I called them out on it.

"I don't care. You showed up with our soldiers. You came through for me and I failed you."

The tears take over me again. But when I blink I see her. Her ghost is kneeling before me, smiling. She wipes my tears away and kisses my cheek as she whispers, I'm so proud of you my child. I love you very much. Go save them. Save this world and check in on your father. Goodbye my sweet angel.

"No..." But she fades from view and whatever small leash of control I had on myself, snaps.

More sob rip through me. Something shatters and I scream.

Silence sweeps through me once more as I fall deeper into that pit of rage in my belly.

Down, down, down. I'm falling through the tornado of wrath and pain.

Squeezing my mother's body closer to me, I place one final kiss to her forehead before placing her gently upon the earth.

The male that killed her is still standing there, his face bright.

Kill him, beautiful queen.

The crown purrs to me. Soothing that building ache in my chest.

I listen to it.