*¬*Epilogue*¬*

(Six Months Later)

The world is not the same without her. It's been six months since the war ended. Since we've buried the dead, mourned our losses and began rebuilding Kingdoms and homes that were destroyed. It's been months since I've had any sort of contact with Thea.

Staring out the window in my office, I hear a knock on the door before it opens. Heavy steps enter the room and I hear Blaze say, "High Lord." I don't turn from my vigilance at the window.

"How's the repairs going in your kingdom?"
"Well thanks to the help of your people and resources. But I am not here to discuss business." "Then why are you here?"

"To talk about you, Kaz. You're my friend and I am worried about you. We all are."

I snort, highly doubting that very much. Anil still resents me even though he joined in our side for the battle and Althea's father hasn't spoken to anyone since he was notified of his wife's death.

"Thank you for the concern, but I am fine."

"You say that, yet you've been staring out that window every chance you get for six months. What are you even looking for Kaz?" I sigh, still not removing myself from where I stand.

"Her. I'm waiting for her."

Blaze approaches from behind me, his hand falling to my shoulder. "She's not coming back Kaz. I'm sorry to say that, but if she was, she would have by now. She's not coming back."

I hate his honesty, but I also respect it too. He's the only one who hasn't treated me like a weakling since Thea went away. "Thank you, Blaze. If that's all you came here to say then you are excused. Though do stay for dinner if you wish."

The male laughs, "As pleasing as that sounds, I have so much work to do in my home, I can't delay it. Perhaps another time."

"Perhaps." I murmur back. After a moment of tense silence, Blaze wishes me farewell and leaves swiftly from the room.

I don't move from my spot by the window until the day turns into night. I eat supper alone in my room. Our room. Before staring quietly into the fireplace. Everything here reminds me of her. Her clothes are still hung up in the closet, her shampoo is in the bathroom. Everything about this room smells like Thea. Like peonies and sea salt.

Taking my shirt and pants off, I stand before the flame and wait for the warmth to fill me, but it doesn't. Nothing does. I've had a perpetuate chill since she left.

With nothing else to do, I douse the flame and crawl into bed. The smooth sheets are cool against my skin, giving me goosebumps. Rolling over I reach for her, like I have every night only to be reminded by how empty that side of the bed is. Getting up, I march towards the closet where her things are kept and grab one of her favourite shirts. Turning back to the bed, I slip under the covers, turn out the lights and bury my face into her clothes.

I've done this every night, trying to find a way to keep her close to me. To figure out how I'm going to find her again.

Tonight hits differently for some reason. As I inhale her smell, not just from her shirt but the pillow too, I close my eyes and for the first time in months; I allow myself to weep.