*¬*Chapter Twenty Nine*¬*

"Are you kidding me?!" Anger pulses through me when I get told the news. "I'm sorry Thea, but they are refusing to attend the meeting." I clench my fists because my parents are being petty and not attending the council meeting that Kaz called to discuss the rumblings and disturbances that his brother has caused.

"We need a representative for that Kingdom to be there otherwise there won't be a majority vote." Arrow stands within the doorway to the dining room. We had just finished breakfast the next day when I was told the news. My parents had been the first to reply. "Let me see the note." I growl. She hands it to me and sure enough, there's my father's scratchy handwriting.

As High Lord of the Dawn Court, I hereby decline your letter of a meeting.

We are unable to support you and your court, regardless of the fact that

you're mated to our daughter.

Regards,

Lord Tiberius.

I feel conflicted. Anger and hurt battles within my chest, trying to see which one will win. "The nerve. I don't understand why they refuse to come here! This is madness. Let me speak with them. I must convince them to attend."

Arrow shrugs, "You can try but it doesn't seem to matter to them."

I think anger has won. Before I can think about it, I rush from the dining room and out into the front yard. My magic burning between my fingers. "Althea! Wait, you need someone to accompany you."
"I do not. Not to my own home." But Arrow isn't having it and races to my side, grabbing my hand before lacing her fingers with mine. "I'm coming. That's final."

Shrugging, I close my eyes and focus on my home, on the front doors I want to appear in front of. I hear a gush of wind, smell sea salt and peonies, I feel like I'm falling through time and space before the ground hits me solid. My feet coming to a halt and the familiar sounds of birds and smell of sunshine hits me. When I open my eyes, I see my childhood home before me.

"Ready?" I ask Arrow. She nods. Looking out of place here with her white hair and caramel skin. But I think she fits perfectly. She'll always have a place in my home. Straightening my shirt and fluffing my hair, I reach out and knock on the door; hearing it echo throughout the hall beyond.

It takes a moment, but the door finally swings open and a familiar face greets me.

"Thea?" Rosemary stares at me. Her face wide with shock. "You're here? Wow have you decided to come home? Did that High Lord finally let you come back?" I frown, unsure what she's talking about.

"Hello Rosemary, it's lovely to see you. This is Arrow, she's accompanying me from Kaz's home. Are my parents here?" Rosemary gives Arrow a once over, her eyes narrowing before she dismisses her altogether.

"Yes, yes. They're in the study. Come in." We step inside, but Rosemary replies, "Sorry only house members are allowed beyond the doors." Arrow glares at her but shrugs, "That's fine."

I shake my head, "She is family Rose. You will just have to deal with it." Before she cna retort, I stride down the hall towards my parents study. Knocking once, waiting for my father's deep, "Come in" to sound before entering.

When I do my parents immediately jump to their feet and rush for me. Hugging me tightly and exclaiming, "Oh you're home. He finally let you go did he? Realized he wasn't a good mate for you?"

I return their hugs but then pull away and frown, "What? No. Why does everyone keep saying that. Kaz is an amazing mate and treats me well." My father's face falls, his brows furrowing and lips crinkling with disapproval.