*¬*Chapter Twenty*¬*

Joy. That's the first thing I feel when I wake up. Joy and ecstasy. Two feelings I haven't felt since Beatrice. Shifting beneath the sheets, I stretch my arms above my head, feeling my muscles go taut, before I roll over and pause at the sight before me. Althea is asleep next to me, her long, curly locks fall about her face, the sun rays kissing her skin. Her lip are held in a slight frown, her hands curled beneath her cheek. My eyes fall over her bare shoulder, down the curve of her side.

By the gods she's beautiful. So beautiful that it hurts.

I let out a small sigh, until the memories of last night come flooding back. My skin flushes immediately, that wanting comes roaring back. We'd had sex. Tying that bond to both our souls, never to be broken. We are now one.

It went on for hours, late into the night until we were both so spent that our bodies forgot how to function.

I also remember telling her right as she fell asleep that I'm falling in love with her. But I don't think she heard me.

Thea shifts beside me, her small sighs filling the room and sending me hard once more. God I knew the after-effects of mating were bad by the way it was explained, but I didn't realize how deep those urges went. I just want to claim her again and again. I also feel the knot of rage in my belly that could snap at any time should another male look at her the wrong way.

"Kaz..." Her voice snaps me out of my thoughts. Turning to face her, I brush a lock of hair from her face and nuzzle the top of her head. "I'm here Angel heart." She mumbles again in her sleep, rolling over so that she's facing away from me. Now her bare back is on display, the muscles there are impressive. Her lithe, toned figure, from training and practice has only been enhanced after the change.

She was beautiful before her immortality was restored, but she's breathtaking now. Reaching out, I trail a finger down her spine, seeing the goosebumps that rise at my touch. Smiling softly, I continue my trail until I reach the bottom of her spine. Thea shifts in her sleep, before opening her eyes, the colour radiant in the light.

"Kaz?" She mumbles sleepily. "Yes darling?" I reply. I slide my finger back up her spine, watching as her pupils dilate, at the way she licks her bottom lip.

"Thea.." I warn. I don't have time to say anything else because she's rolling around and sliding herself above me. Straddling my hips. By the gods... give me restraint.

Sliding my hands down her sides and over Thea's hips I meet her eyes as she leans forward, out chests meeting and her chin resting on my collar bone.

"Hey." I whisper. "Hi" She giggles. It's the cutest sound I've ever heard. Thea pushes up, to look in my eyes before leaning forward to kiss me.

"Didn't get enough last night?" I chuckle, "Shh, just kiss me, Kazimir." When she says my full name it sends flashes of warmth through me, the same reaction happens when she calls me High Lord. I don't retort much, kissing her is the best thing ever. The minute our lips connect, my veins turn electric.

That urge to claim her again jolts through me. "Thea..." I growl. But it seems her body is thinking the same thing as me, because she slides her hips down until she's placed above my erection.

My mouth goes dry. "We don't have to. It's smart to take a break."
"Why does the big bad, High Lord need to rest? Was I too much for you?" She teases. Growling, I grip her hips before sliding one hand along her ass, "Never Thea darling."

"Good." The minute she starts to rock her hips, is the minute any kind of reason or logic leaves my head. I just want her.

"God damn it Thea." When I reach for her, she shakes her head smirking at me, "No, no no. I'm in charge this time. You had your fun last night, now it's my turn."