*¬*Chapter Twenty Five*¬*

One minute I'm falling to my death, feeling the air whooshing past me. Trying to fight Fawn off as well. Flipping us in midair, as we get closer to the ground. I see what's waiting for us. Then the next I'm filled with pain and sharp shooting sparks along my neck and spine. Groaning, I push myself up when I am able to. Regaining a small bit of strength as the air returns to my lungs.

Sitting up, I wait for the world to stop spinning before looking around. The ravine I've fallen into is barren. Only mud and rocks, and a river that flows in the center of it. Otherwise, there isn't anything else here. Great, just what I need on top of all the other bullshit I've dealt with.

Falling back on my butt, I let out a sigh and put my head between my knees as a wave of nausea hits me. Breathing through my nose and out my mouth, I count to ten.

Come find me, Warrior Blood. I'm here. That cursed voice again. Calling to me. Whispering.

When the wave of dizziness has passed, I look up again and see Fawn laying there. Her face calm, eyes slightly vacant, mouth held in a smile. Her arms are bent at weird angles and it's obvious that she died on impact. But when I see her chest rise slightly, I'm horrified to realize that she's still alive. But barely. Blood trickles from a wound on her head. I don't even want to know what sorts of horrors are under there.

He's coming. You need to hide Althea. Myra's voice hits me like a thunderclap. I haven't heard it in a long time. But it's louder now. Like I'm next to her.

Glamour yourself. Make Fawn look like you and you her. Do it, Thea. Now.

I don't even know how to glamour. I've barely mastered control over my magic let alone using it to do what I want.

I have no idea where to begin.

Focus. Focus on what you want her to look like. Then do the same with yourself. Feel the magic, the shifting. Now Thea.

So I try. I try to do as Myra instructs me. Focusing on making myself look like Fawn. Feeling the way my skin shifts and changes, my hair, my face. All of it shifting until it stops. I don't have a mirror to look into, but I know that if I did I would look like Fawn.

Now I do the same for her. Making her look like me. When the process is done, I'm horrified at what I see. What would have happened if I hadn't flipped us around. That would be me laying there. Broken.

But it's not.

Now you need to hide your bond with Kaz. You have to create a false one with Fawn's body. Trick Augustus into thinking that you actually died. You'll fool Kaz too but it's for the better. Do it Thea. It's the same idea as glamouring yourself.

By the gods... this woman is crazy. But I try. This time I struggle. It's too difficult to make up a bond that doesn't exist.

By the time I've figured it out and stifled my own, Augustus and that death horse land peacefully on the ground. The horse's wings beating once more before folding quietly into it's sides.

When his eyes meet mine, for one brief moment I'm terrified that he'll see right through my glamour. That'll he'll know. But his pleasant smile makes me relax.

"Well done Fawn. Shame she had to die so terribly, but this is the price to play for greatness."

He makes me sick.

I bow my head, "I agree." My voice doesn't sound like me. I hate it. Augustus snaps his fingers and suddenly the ravine is loud with footsteps. Several males appear and Tara. Great, the she-devil herself. A few of the males bring a stretcher and place my (Fawn's) body on it before waiting further instructions.