❅ | #01

________________

________________

THE song, Anti-Hero, played in her headphones, drowning out the sound of bustling cars and people as she walked down the streets of Seoul, South Korea. The girl stuffed her hands into the pockets of her beige oversized hoodie that she wore in a failed attempt to warm her cold hands.

Letting out a breath of dissatisfaction, her eyes wandered around the city before landing on a door just up ahead with a café sign that said open.

She stopped in front of the door, a bit reluctant to go inside. Checking the time on her phone, she read that it was only 4:28pm.

After a moment of debating with herself, she had finally decided to head inside in hopes for there to be a hot chocolate or something she could order to warm herself up, as she wasn't a big fan of coffee.

The soft bell above the door chimed, alerting employee's somebody had entered the building. She paused, looking up at the menu displayed on the two TV'S hooked up to the wall just above the counter, eyes scanning the screen before lighting up upon seeing hot chocolate under the hot drinks category.

Walking up for the counter, an employee was quick to take action and walk up to her. "Hello, welcome to smooth brew café. How may I help you?"

"Um.. could I just have a small hot chocolate?"

"Of course.. is that all for you today?"

"Yes, please." The girl nodded, hands folded neatly in front of her. The employee hummed in response, dialing her hot chocolate into the machine.

"And the name for the order?"

"Eunhee."

"That will be $4."

Eunhee nodded her head, taking off her backpack and reaching into it, only to furrow her brows upon not finding her wallet where she would have usually placed it. After a moment of looking, she let out a small sigh and looked up at the employee with an apologetic look.

"Sorry, I must have forgotten my wallet back at home. You can go ahead and cancel my order." The girl mumbled, as the employee nodded.

"Alrigh-"

"I can pay for her.." a new voice spoke up, causing the girl to perk up and turn her head, only to be met with a boy who looked as if he was around her age. For some reason, his face looked familiar, but she couldn't quite pinpoint it.

"Oh, no. You don't have to, I'll be fine. But thanks anyways." Eunhee shook her head, quick to deny the offer. She'd feel guilty if she let someone spend any kind of money on her, even if it was cheap.

"No worries. Here, there's the four dollars." The boy handed the cash to the employee, who accepted it and put it in the register.

"Alright, give me one moment and I'll have your drink ready." The employee smiled, before walking off to prepare the hot chocolate.

Growing flustered, Eunhee looked down at the ground before mumbling a small thank you, to which she heard a stifled laugh.

Furrowing her brows, she looked up to be met with a gentle smile, along with the shake of a head. "Of course. It is the season of giving, after all."

Just as the girl opened her mouth to speak, she was interrupted by the call of her name. She took one final glance at the boy, giving him a small smile and mumbling a thanks once again before walking towards the hot chocolate cup that was set down on the counter.

The boy had returned back to the table he sat at, seemingly beginning to write down what Eunhee assumed to be school notes. So, he had to be around her age.. maybe?

Or, maybe he was older than her and was in college already. Either way, it wasn't any of her business as it'd most likely be the last she saw of him.

As she exited the café, she began her journey back to her apartment complex, sipping on the hot chocolate in the meantime.. though she ended up burning her tongue a few times by accident.

______

AUTHOR'S CORNER
this chapter is a little short but, i promise as the story progresses chapters will continue to grow longer!

also, thank you to those who chose my story to read! please be sure to vote for chapters as it lets me know people actually like my story, which encourages me to write and publish faster and more! it's also really appreciated <3

(commenting is also cool. i like interacting with people bc i don't rlly have any kpop friends bc i get too shy and scared to talk to ppl lol)

take care of yourselves!

love you all <3
december 29th, 2022 12:33am

not proofread