❅ | #45

______

______

ENTERING the familiar room, her eyes landed upon his figure, of which lay down on his bed, his back facing her. She opened her mouth to speak, before immediately shutting it, feeling her nerves set in again.

Eunhee cursed herself silently for being so cowardly. She swallowed the lump in her throat, finally managing to speak.

"Jungwon.." she muttered, watching as he immediately shot up from his laying down position, now sitting upright on his bed as he stared at her in shock.

"What the-- Eunhee?" He furrowed his brows, standing up from his bed as he walked closer to her nervous figure. "Is it really you?" He questioned, blinking slowly as he stared at her intently.

The girl slowly nodded her head, smiling sadly at the boy, who let out a small breath.

"You're here.. but, why?" He tilted his head, waiting for a response.

"To see you." She retorted, meeting his gaze, only to immediately look back down at her hands. "Jungwon, I want to talk." She sighed out, pressing her lips together in a thin line.

Jungwon slowly nodded his head in understanding.

"Okay. That's fine.. I want to talk to you, too." He stated. The boy hesitantly reached out for her hand, looking up at her to make sure it was okay.

She nodded her head, giving him her consent. Jungwon took her hand in his, gently tugging her along with him to sit down at the edge of his bed.

"You can start." Jungwon spoke, gesturing for her to go first. Eunhee hummed, leaning his back against the wall.

"I don't.. I don't know where to start. I didn't plan this out beforehand, I just.. impulsively decided to come over. You've been on my mind a lot recently." She mumbled, blushing at her own words as she avoided eye contact with the boy-- who was also blushing faintly.

"Jungwon, I'm really, really sorry for the way I hurt you. It was really selfish of me not to even consider your feelings.. I felt so.. guilty for putting you through so much pain, so I pushed you away and convinced myself it'd benefit the both of us.." Eunhee began, sighing and clearing her throat as she continued.

"I realized how badly I fucked up, Jungwon. I only wanted to stop the pain, but I only ended up bringing more because of my stupid decision. And I'm sorry, because you didn't deserve to go through any of that. You deserve better, and I mean it from the very bottom of my heart." Eunhee spoke, picking at the skin around her fingernails -- a habit she often found herself doing in stressful situations.