❅ | #43

__________

__________

STEPPING into the convenience store, Eunhee sighed in content upon feeling the warmth of the AC in the building, immediately clasping her hands together in an attempt to warm them up as she had forgotten to wear gloves.

Her eyes wandered around, before landing upon Heeseung's familiar figure, tucked away at a table in the corner of the store. He failed to notice her coming in, as he had his headphones on and was focused on his phone.

The girl reluctantly traveled to where he sat, flashing a small smile as the employee at the front desk greeted her.

As she grew closer to the boy, he had finally noticed her, sitting upright and taking off his headphones to acknowledge her presence.

"Hey, Eunhee." The boy smiled, to which she returned.

"Hello." She muttered, sliding into the seat across from him. Heeseung drummed his fingertips on the tabletop, leaning back into his seat.

"How are you doing? Be honest with me." He asked, tilting his head. Eunhee shifted around in her seat, gaze shifting down to her hands, which currently rested in her lap.

She nibbled at her bottom lip anxiously, pausing for a moment as she began to lose herself in her own thoughts.

She knew it'd be silly of her to lie and say she was doing good, because clearly, she wasn't. She knew he could tell, too.

I mean, that and it was obvious as she was literally on some random rooftop in Seoul at two in the morning. And now, she was sitting across from him at some random 24hr convenience store at three in the morning.

Snapping herself out of her thoughts, she managed to look up at him and meet his gaze. Although, she did look away quite frequently, as she has a hard time maintaining eye contact.

The girl shrugged, "I don't know. I'm not sure how to put it into words, I'm sorry." She frowned.

To be fair, she wasn't lying at all. She wanted to be honest with him, a lot. She trusted him. He was a big source of comfort to her.

He even kept his promise to her-- one she had thought he forgot. But, he didn't. He attended her graduation ceremony just to cheer extra loud for her.

It made her smile a lot, sure. It was embarrassing at the same time, but she appreciated it more than he could imagine.

She usually didn't have those experiences growing up. She had gone through many ceremonies, such as her middle school graduation, and she didn't have anyone there for her, besides her friend's parents.