Chapter 7: Questions and Concerns

A few days had gone by since I met Enhypen, and I had not gotten an ounce of rest. I had made it through the various meetings and discussions for the day, and I was feeling fairly burnt out. I walked out of the meeting room after finishing all of the pleasantries, heading towards the cafe in the building to grab some lunch.

I walked through the twisting hallways and various security points, the usual anxiety creeping into my throat. The halls always feel so restrictive and dark. I tried not to mind too much and just focused on making my way to the cafe, so I threw my headphones in to zone out a bit.

As I scrolled through my music I got a text from Jake, asking me if I wanted to grab some food with him and a few others for lunch. I quickly texted back that I was on my way there. I answered a few other texts while I had my phone out, and a few from my brother, my parents, and friends. I was excited to hear from one friend in particular, as I hadn't heard from him in a little bit. Our schedules are so chaotic, it's hard to get anything to line up.

I got into the elevator and headed up to the floor of the cafe, taking a deep breath as the doors closed. There is not a more terrifying thought than getting into a small box held up by a few cables hundreds of feet in the air. Honestly, anything off of the solid ground was not to be trusted.

The doors finally opened after a painfully long time, letting me walk into the spacious cafeteria area. Various people sat at various tables, some alone, some with others. The space hummed with quiet conversations, and soft music playing in the background. Windows surrounded the area, allowing for a beautiful sweeping view of the city below.

By one of these windows, I caught someone waving in my direction, which ended up being Sunoo. Any anxiety I had been feeling melted away at his joyous smile, he was literal sunlight on this dreary Winter day.

"Hello, Sunoo." I greeted him as I walked up. I noticed Sunghoon, Heeseung, Ni-ki, and Jake were also with him, as well as a few people I didn't recognize.

"Noona, let's get some food and sit. They have been horrible company." He rolled his eyes, dramatically glaring in the direction of the group.

"No, we haven't," Ni-ki smirked. "you're just needy."

Sunoo gasped, holding his chest with one hand in shock. "Let's go, Noona."

I let Sunoo grab my arm and pull me away as the others snickered behind us. He led us toward a little buffet-styled bar with various parfait necessities and drinks. I made a little parfait with some strawberries and blackberries then grabbed a bottled cold coffee. Sunoo also made parfait but grabbed apple juice instead.

"So how has your day been? Busy?" He asked me as we wandered back towards the group.

"You could say that. I had a meeting and started working on the next song on your album. I haven't really had a real break yet, so I was relieved when Jake texted. How has your day been, I didn't see you this morning."

He grinned at me, practically lighting up the room around him. "It's been busy, but I got to sleep in since I didn't have to work out this morning. Was the ride with them eventful?" He looked at me somewhat expectantly.

I sighed, word had apparently spread about the events of the morning.

"It wasn't boring. Jake and Sunghoon definitely know how to put on a show. You must all think I like Jay now."

Sunoo widened his eyes as if he didn't expect me to be direct with him. "I mean, I don't know, it did cross my mind. Then again, Jake and Sunghoon are always up to something."

As he said that we made it back to the table where everyone sat, Sunoo sat down and beckoned me to sit between him and Heeseung, who shot me a smile.

"Elia, how are you doing?" He asked casually, messing with the lid of an empty apple juice bottle. I felt the table's attention shift to me.