Chapter 8: For Shits and Giggles

We bantered for a bit longer before I decided it was time to go back to work and them to whatever practice they had. Sunoo and Heeseung ended up walking me back to my office since they had nothing immediately after lunch.

"What are you working on today? Anything fun?" Heeseung questioned as we moved through the halls.

"Not anything crazy, just the beginnings of a song. Nothing is completely figured out yet."

"Do you need some help? We can help!" Sunoo chimed in with a smile.

I pursed my lips, "I mean this is my job so I don't exactly need help. But if you had inspiration or ideas of what you want the song to sound like I'm all ears."

"What kind of song is it? A love song?"

"No," I shook my head laughing. "Quite the opposite, it's a party song, a dark one at that."

"Ooh party song! I'm already excited for the choreography." Heeseung rubbed his hands together eagerly, giving a sly grin.

"I'm not!" Sunoo lamented. "Why is it not considered artistic to drape myself along a couch for a performance?"

"That's a valid question honestly. What if we each got our own performance couch? I'd want a green one."

I shook my head listening to their banter, scanning my card at my office door. These two never seemed to stop once you got them started.

"Well I'll see you guys later, thank you for walking me here."

The two broke off their discussion to look at me weirdly.

"Weren't we going to help with the song?" Sunoo asked, looking a bit dejected.

"I mean, you should probably ask your manager first. It really isn't up to me."

"I got it!'

Heeseung whipped his phone out of his pocket and began swiping furiously. The phone flew up to his ear, and the song of ringing could be heard faintly, till someone picked up.

"Ah, Hyung. Could we work on a song with Elia?"

There was a pause as he listened.

"Sunoo and I, we are outside of her office right now..." Silence again. "Yeah it is okay with her, she told us to ask... At least three of us? Everyone else is off doing something... Okay, I'll call him. Thank you, Hyung." He ended the call.

"I'm going to call Jungwon and Jay, one of them shouldn't be doing anything. Sejin hyung wanted at least three of us in the room together if he wasn't going to be there."

"Oh, Sejin is your manager's name! I've been trying to avoid addressing him because I didn't know." I raised my eyebrows and sighed.

The other two looked at me and chuckled.

"You really could have just asked." Sunoo rolled his eyes at me.

"Hey put that sass back where it came from. It's just awkward because I work with him a decent amount, I didn't want to be rude."

"Both of you be quiet, I'm calling them." Heeseung hushed us, putting the phone back up to his ear. It began to ring again.

"If this is too much trouble then we can just do this another-"

"Shh!" They both playfully glared at me, raised my hands in defense and stopped speaking.

"Jay-ah do you and Jungwon want to come to Elia's office with us to work on-"

Heeseung paused for a moment, then slowly took the phone away from his ear.

"He's on his way."

Sunoo busted into laughter, I was still trying to gather what had just happened.