Chapter 14: Bargaining

As soon as the words left my mouth, I knew it was right.

I liked Heeseung a lot. I'm not sure how it didn't occur to me before, maybe due to the amount of anxiety I had been feeling around the situation. My thoughts, as disorganized as they had been, had been revolving around Heeseung for weeks.

The three in front of me screamed, three very different screams, but all had the same message- this was a project now, and they were the project managers. That might be for the best, I have no idea what I'm doing.

"So, obviously, you just tell him." Jay shrugged. "They're at lunch now, you could just call."

I felt my body tense, my eyes involuntarily widening. "You seem so sure of this plan, but what is the plan for when Heeseung friendzones me?"

"Pshh," Sunoo snickered. "Girl, he's not going to turn you down."

I cocked an eyebrow, he knew something I didn't, they all did. I turned my attention back to Jay.

"How did you know to come here this morning?"

The corners of his mouth turned up, and just as quickly were forced down. He fought to smooth the features of his face into a neutral position.

"Uh, I just had a feeling." He responded plainly.

"Oh, he's lying! What do you know, I want to know." Beomgyu scooted closer to Jay from the stool next to him, cupping his hands around his ear signaling to whisper to him.

Jay's upper lip curled up as he attempted to lean away from Beomgyu, who continued to encroach on his personal space regardless.

"Yah, if you don't get out of my face you aren't going to know anything, because you'll be dead!"

Beomgyu giggled, falling back into his seat, his fair falling into his eyes.

Sunoo rolled his eyes at the scene unfolding before him, shooting an exasperated look at me. "I don't know why Jungwon sent Jay to do my job."

"You were here before me, if it were your job you should've already been done!"

"Sit down, if you're so efficient then why haven't you done it?"

"Because you two won't shut up! Here, you want me to finish the job? I knew to come because Jungwon texted me and told me that Heeseung and Sunghoon were pouting mess because you two are hanging out with Beomgyu."

"The fuck do I have to do with this, I am literally an innocent bystander." Beomgyu laughed, scrunching his eyebrows together in confusion.

"Apparently some would consider you attractive enough to have anyone."

"Some?" Beomgyu's smile dropped into a smirk. "Well, your mom definitely seemed to think I was attractive last night."

Jay exhaled, his head falling back to rest lazily on his shoulders. "I'm going to choose to ignore everything you just said."

I couldn't deny it, something about the idea of Heeseung being jealous over me was thrilling. It seemed incredibly unlike him, was this a side I would ever witness myself?

"Wait," Sunoo attempted to stifle his laughs with the sleeves of his yellow cardigan. "So you're telling me Sunghoon is upset because he thinks I'm interested in the personified Animal the muppet?"

"Yeah."

Sunoo gave a knowing smile, but sadness laced his eyes. "I'm fine with that, I'm honestly getting kinda tired of him not being honest with himself, I'm not here for him to test out his sexuality."

"Heard, been there." Beomgyu pursed his lips. "Seriously, how do people not know they're gay? I don't think Sunghoon could even tell me what a woman is, I think he'd start crying before he could start."