About Elia

I wanted to talk a bit about Elia as a character because her personality might not be very clear yet.

Birthday: May 16th, 2002 (Taurus)

Fullname: Wren Elia Barlowe

Origin: Florence, Italy, Grew up in Seattle from 10 on

Lived: Italy, Scotland (ages 7-10), Seattle

Attitudes: Anxious, kind, ambitious, creative, witty

Diagnosis: Agoraphobia, attachment anxiety, generalized anxiety disorder.

Sexuality: queer

Languages: Italian, English, French, practically fluent in Korean

Her mother and father both have degrees in tech (Programming and Web Design), so moving to Seattle made sense to them due to the growing tech industry there. Both of her parents are European (Scottish and French-Italian). She has a good relationship with both parents, and they often text and Facetime when they can. They have always been some of her biggest supporters.

Family:

Dad:

Carlisle Barlowe

French and Italian

Born: Napoli, Italy

Digital media/ web design

Mom:

Francesca Androgoli- Barlowe

Italian and Scottish

Born: Glasgow, Scotland

Programmer

Ex. MMA Fighter

Brother:

Blaine Barlowe

Born: Milano, Italy

Age: 21

Audio Engineer

Cats:

Luca

Calico

4 years old

Lex

Black cat

Pink nose

2 years old

Rescued

She and her brother are very close and get along quite well. He used to try to take care of her a lot because he knew she wouldn't do much for herself. He often secretly made her meals, but she often thought it was the work of her mom. He also shares her love of music, himself being an audio engineer who works in studios in LA. He hasn't told her, but he has applied to Hybe in LA, hoping to get transferred to be with her because he wants to be closer to support her.

As a result of her European upbringing she speaks multiple languages, Italian being her first, then French, English, and finally Korean. As a result, her English accent is a bit strange, but not obviously so unless you are intentionally listening or really get her going.

Despite her artistic gifts, she has a tendency to think logically and separate her emotions from her decisions. Music is one of the only ways she really channels her emotions openly because no one really wonders what the producer is thinking when they make a song, they are only looking at the artists who perform it.

In school, she got great marks until she got to high school and began to struggle more with mental health issues. She always tried to figure out where or why it started because she had a great childhood and in her opinion nothing to be upset about. Her doctors have tried to explain that sometimes mental health isn't about what's going on on the surface, but more so your subconscious or genetics. She used music as a coping mechanism, which thrilled her family and doctors. She was able to graduate high school with an Associate's Degree due to a program called Running Start where high school students in Washington can attend college classes for dual credit. She spent around a year and a half finishing her Bachelor's in Music Production and Music Theory. At this point, she might use music as more of a distraction rather than a coping mechanism.

She tends to be rather straightforward and doesn't like to beat around the bush. Sometimes her honesty is a bit off-putting for some, but she never speaks with the intention of hurting others, quite the opposite. She cares very deeply for others, sometimes to the point where her own needs are thrust to the side.

She has a tendency to struggle with opening up to others, mostly for fear of rejection. But she actually tends to latch onto people easily, she really has a desire to be close with people and forge strong relationships. She had a past relationship that really took a toll on her confidence, and somewhat convinced her that she can't be in a successful relationship because of her mental health struggles. She is a hopeless romantic but keeps those thoughts very private.

One person she has become somewhat close to in Korea is Minho from Stray Kids, they met while she was working at JYPE. He saw her phone screen picture of Lex and they immediately hit it off. While she worked there they would often have cat playdates and hang out at his dorm with others. They are both blunt but caring, so they work quite well as a duo, a trio when Seungmin happens to be about. If you catch Minho, Chanbin, Seungmin, and Jeongin in the same room- you have just witnessed The Council. The Council is the group they made up to covertly discuss recent gossip and life, and they are very secretive about their meetings. Beomgyu is a lucky outsider who brings enough gossip to be invited to meetings occasionally.

In Enhypen she probably feels closest to Heeseung and Sunoo, then Jay. She is really drawn to Heeseung's calm but goofy demeanor, and Sunoo's brightness and attitude. She would like to get to know the others more as well, but she is a bit weary of Jake, Sunghoon, and Jay. Jake and Sunghoon due to their obvious mischief and chaos, and Jay because she isn't sure how to approach his own straightforward actions.

Lastly, she likes Heeseung, obviously.