Chapter 19: Encounters of the Brotherly Kind

"The video is out!"

Jake yelled, interrupting my train of thought.

It was yet another early morning ride to the studio, somehow we managed to pack all of us into the van. Heeseung sat to my left, sleepily scrolling through his phone, still on the verge of closing his eyes. I had learned he is not much of a morning person, compared to the other boy yapping on my opposite side.

Jay sat on my other side, scrolling through a Pinterest board of fashion he thought would suit me. I had to admit, he had good taste and was right about most of the things he showed me.

Everyone looked up from what they were doing to pass Jake's phone to the front so we could all watch.

When the phone reached me I groaned a bit, it was my Genius music interview. Rather than perform a song for them like most artists do, I walked them through the process it takes for me to create a song from scratch. It seemed to have been received quite well, it was out for about 2 hours but already racked up around 1 million views. Hybe must have reposted it on their channels as well.

"Fuck yeah, our producer is famous!"

"Ni-ki! Language." Sejin called from the driver's seat disapprovingly.

"Oh shit, my bad." He barely answered, too focused on the video.

***

When we finally arrived at the building, it was straight to recording for us. Needless to say, my creative team loved Fever, and confirmed it would absolutely be going on the album.

As we approached my office, I noticed that the door was ajar. Anxiety spiked in me, thinking of the thousands of dollars of equipment I had inside. The thought of anyone rearranging my things drove me insane.

"Huh, your office is open." Sunghoon said, his voice fading as I quickly overtook the group. Faint talking could now be heard from the office, voices of men drifted down the hall.

As soon as I reached the door I pushed it fully open, revealing two men in my office. One, the creative department director, my direct supervisor Park Seongmin. The other man was hidden as his back was turned to me, but he sat in MY chair. The one I had meticulously adjusted to perfect ergonomics for the hours I sat in this dungeon.

Seongmin looked up, a smile spreading across his face. I bowed slightly, greeting him and trying to push down the deep frown on my face.

"Good morning, Elia... and company." He added as the guys trailed in behind me with curious eyes, each bowing politely. "I have taken the initiative to hire an audio engineer for your recording purposes... I believe you've met."

An unfamiliar hint of mischief danced in his eyes.

Anxiety slowly crept its way up my throat, who the hell would I know in Korea?

The man in the chair turned slowly, his features immediately familiar to me, as I see them in the mirror every day.

He rose to his feet, but I was not able to find words. My anxiety melted off immediately.

Blaine beamed at me, "Ciao, sorellina!"

"Blaine!" I finally gasped, almost a yell.

He opened his arms and I immediately ran to him, tears falling without control. He practically crushed me with how hard he hugged me, greeting me with il bacio on either side of my cheeks, an Italian greeting I had almost forgotten.

My big brother was in my recording studio all the way across the world, to see me?

"Well, I suppose I will let you get to work. I expect big things from you both." Seongmin said, adjusting his suit jacket as he walked out, everyone in the door parted like the red sea.