Two

When you wake, you are in a dark tent. You have been tied back by your wrist, but this time to a pole. This pole is what is supporting the tent, and you look around. You don't remember exactly how you got to this point. All you remember is someone carrying you.

You begin to look around, trying to see exactly where you were taken. You see a silhouette sitting at the entrance, looking the other way. "Who are you," you croak, your voice dry from lack of water and exhaustion. You can't remember the last time you had water.

The figure spins around, shocked that you have spoken. "Your awake," he says. He makes his way over to you, kneeling so he is in front of you.

He slowly moves his hand towards you, and you flinch away. "It's okay, I'm not going to hurt you." His voice is soothing as he says this, and you trust him. He slowly places the front of his hand on your head, saying, "How are you feeling? You've been out for some time now." Your head pounds and you feel stuffy like you have been asleep for too long.

You look around, noticing that the sun is still shining. How could you have been out for so much time if the sun was still shining? Unless you have been out for days...

You don't know what to say. Worry is creeping up your spine as he steps away from you. You try to escape, but you can't move as he makes his way behind you. You crane your neck, trying to see what he is doing behind you. "Don't try to run out of here, I have guards stationed around the tent." He says this matter of factly.

Right as he is done speaking, you feel your hands drop, and you run to the wall of the tent. You aren't going to try and escape, you aren't that dumb, but you are making as much distance from him.

"Woah Woah there," his voice is calm, and you shiver from the sound. His voice is soothing, and you can feel yourself calm just a little bit. He comes over closer to you, crouching down on his knees with his hand in front of him, "It's okay, I'm not going to hurt you. Just relax."

He is in front of you now, his eyes meeting yours. 

He is beautiful

His tan skin is smooth, revealing the muscle peaking out of his chest. His arms are strong, with a few tattoos lacing them. He takes your hand, slightly pulling you away from the corner. You slowly follow, loving to sit on a blanket on the floor.

From the light of the door, you can now see the bruises coating your body. "That man... He hurt you so much..." In the light, he is beautiful. The features of his face are defined in the light. You stare at him, and he smiles at you. "What is your name?"

"Y/n." You whisper.

"My name is Kocum," he says. He reaches behind him, handing you a cup. Inside the cup is water. "Here, you need to drink something. Then, if you wouldn't mind, I would like to check on your injuries and ask you a few questions."

You take the water, and it only takes one sip for you to drink it all. "Thank you," you say, feeling more comfortable.

"It is no problem at all, now please, let me take a look at your injuries." You don't say anything, and he takes it as an okay, which you believe it is. He carefully takes your arms, the touch sending shivers down your spine. He trails the bruises up your arms, carefully attending to them to make sure that they are not broken.

"Nothing seems broken." You sigh as he lets go, and you look back up at him. He is looking more carefully at your bruises as he says, "Before anything, would you mind telling me why you were getting attacked?"

You freeze for a moment, not knowing what to say. What if he didn't believe you? What if he felt that after everything you were a threat? It didn't matter either way, if you didn't say anything, he would become suspicious of you anyway. You sigh and begin explaining. "My governor, he has this rule..." You feel awful having to explain this to him. Having to explain what you were taught, and the horrid things they wanted you to believe. Everything you have been taught about these people is wrong, and never for a second did you believe it. But having to explain that you were connected to this awfulness is terrible. "He doesn't like us going near you. I saw a little girl, she was trying to get an apple off a tree."

He looks at you, and he finishes the story for you, "And he attacked you..." You don't know how to read his expression as he asses you. You realize that his words are sympathetic as he watches you. "I knew there was something about you (Y/n). You are safe here, as long as you are with me."

He mumbles something else under his breath that you cannot hear. You want to question him, but you are afraid to. Instead, you say,
Thank you. Your voice is in a whisper again, happy that he is understanding.

"It is no problem at all. I will need you, when you are ready, to explain what happened to the Chief. He will be relieved that you aren't bad." You smile at him, finally able to trust him.  "But first, I would like to cover your wounds. After this is all done, I will take you to our healer, but right now I would like to help."

You nod your head as he takes your arm, wrapping fabric around your gashes. You flinch from the pain, accidentally wrapping your hand around his lower arm.

He just smiles at you as he says, "I don't know about you, but I think they are going to like you."