Seven

A/N: Hello! Before I start, I would like to thank @HarrietRiddle20 for giving me ideas for this chapter! I appreciate your and everyone's support! It means a lot! Enjoy the chapter!

Till next time,

Em :)

You are holding his hand as he pulls you through the woods. He didn't tell you much of anything, only that he wanted to show you around his woods, his home. 

You had wanted to see more of the woods for a while now, but each time you asked, he seemed worried. You knew why he was worried, and you knew that deep down you were worried too.

Somewhere in these woods, he lurked. There was no way that Kocoum had killed your commander, he was too kind for that. 

But you still wanted to see more of these woods, so it took a lot of convincing on your part. 

The previous night...

You are sitting in the tent, getting ready to go to sleep. Kocoum is on the other side of the tent, cleaning himself off with a bucket of water and a rag. You can't help but feel almost giddy watching him clean himself.

As you fruitlessly watch him wipe himself off with the rag, water sliding down his back, you realize that you want to learn more about him, more about his home. You can't help but ask him, "Can I spend the day tomorrow looking around your town? I wanna learn more about the place I'll be staying."

He freezes for a moment, his shoulder blades tightening. Finally, after a second, he turns around to meet your gaze, and you smile when you see the smile on his face. He seems to be happy that you have taken an interest in his life, in his home. "Of course, you may. You can do whatever you want, you never need to ask, but I would like to come with you. I don't want you alone in the woods, not with your commander out there... I don't know what I would do if something happened to you, especially if I wasn't there to protect you."

You crawl over to him and take his wet hand. His clean sweaty smell hits you in the face, and you can feel yourself heat up. "I would love it if you would come with me."

He smiles, and your heart officially melts. 

Present Moment...

You had loved the woods ever since you were a child. The woods were the only place where you could escape from your commander and that boat. He had never been very good at tracking, and this was the only place where you felt truly safe. 

He is the one who breaks you from your thoughts as he says, "And this, this is where I first became a warrior." You guys have been walking around the woods for a while now. You have learned and seen so much about his land. This comment seems to be the most personal though. You look over at him, peeking at what he said. You can't hold back your curiosity as ask, "How is that?"

He smiles at you, happy that you are interested. "I was about ten years old, and I was walking home with my family. We were coming back from our normal walk, we enjoyed doing that as a family." He takes your hand as he continues, his steps slowing for a moment. "All of a sudden, someone came from the woods, and tried killing my family."

You squeeze his hand, trying to comfort him. He continues with his story, "I fought them until each one was defeated. I made sure that each member of my family was safe, and that is when I knew that I wanted to be a warrior."

He had always been like this you realize. He had always wanted to protect everyone from danger. You continue walking through the woods, thinking that the story is over, but he continues to your surprise. "After that, I began training to become a warrior with my father. I found myself excelling, and I felt as if I was born to fight for my people, fight for the people I care about. Then, as time went on, I found myself climbing up the ladder, and then I was the head commander of our troops."

He sighs then, seeming upset by the story, but he continues, "But I don't want to be viewed as someone who is willing to hurt people just to put them in pain. I want to be known as someone who will fight no matter what to protect the people and places he cared for." His eyes shift down, and you can tell that he is upset by this thought.

You look into his eyes as you say this next thing, "It was your instinct to protect people. You were a natural leader, natural protector."

He doesn't give you a chance to think as he takes his free hand and places it on your cheek. It is careful he wraps his hand around your waist and pulls you close to him. Then, without warning, he pulls you into a kiss.

You can feel the kiss make its way through your body, down your spine, and to your toes. The feeling fills you with joy, a feeling you haven't felt in a long time.

You follow him and slide your hands up his chest, one going to his cheek, and the other to his shoulder. He feels strong under your hands, and you feel safe in his arms.