Twelve

The water causes your bones to freeze as you fall into the water. Right away, the weights begin to do their job, and you begin to sink to the bottom of the ocean.

Water fills your lungs, and your throat begins to burn. You struggle to break yourself free, but nothing works.

You can feel yourself slipping each second, and you know that your seconds are limited. So, instead of fighting, you think about him. You think about his dark eyes and beautiful smile.

You dream of him holding you in his arms, and as you begin to slip further and further away, you dream that he is pulling you somewhere safe.

So, when the end comes, you let yourself join.

Kocoum's POV

Kocoum stands frantic in your tent, trying to find where you are. When he got back to his home, and you weren't there to greet him, he became worried. Wondering if you were possibly resting or at the river, he stopped by the river on the way back to the tent.

Not seeing you at the river, a pit begins to form in his stomach. He begins to run to your tent, worried to his bones. Inside the tent, he freezes at the empty tent. Inside, the note lies. Slowly grabbing the notes, he read each word, his heart breaking with each word...

You left...

You went back to that camp...

His anger is like a flare, lit and buring. He runs out of the tent, making his way to the commander's tent. Maybe if he could convince the commander to help send a search party, they could find you.

Running into the tent, the chief is shocked at his distressed appearance. "Kocoum," he says, trying to remain calm. "What is wrong? You looked distressed."

"Y/n." He says. "Y/n is missing. We need to go find her!"

"Slow down," the chief says, standing to face Kocoum. "What do you mean she is missing?"

"She wasn't here when I got back. She wasn't in the tent and she wasn't at the river, but she left a note. We need to go find her!" Kocoum could feel himself losing himself. Each second you were missing, each second that you were with those terrible people, tore a part out of him.

"I'm sorry Kocoum, but have you considered that she wanted to leave?" Those words hit him like a rock. Her note did say to not look for for her...

No...

You  wouldn't just leave him behind. They loved each other too much. Before he could respond, voices appeared outside of the tent. A look from the commander had Kocoum knowing he was thinking the same thing, something was wrong.

Making their way outside, a boat was making its way across the shore. Kocoum knew whose boat it was, and he froze.

Standing on the side was the girl he loved. His anger, pain, and sadness all hit him at once, and when he sees the bruises, he screams your name, "Y/n!"

Running toward the boat, he wants to rip the throat out of the commander, but all he can see is your face. "Y/n!" His voice cries as he says your name again. He just wants to get you back in his arms.

Kocoum doesn't fully realize that the commander pulls out his gun, pointing it straight at his head. "You all see this! They know her by name! How many more of us do they know by name?"

Kocoum stands on the edge of the water yelling your name once more, "Y/n!" He can see you now. He can see the tears on your face and he too begins to cry. He had never felt more helpless in this moment. "Don't come any closer! Or I'll shoot you!" The commander has a gun pointed right at Kocoum, but he doesn't care. He just wants to save.