Eighteen

A/n: Hello! I am so so sorry for not updating sooner. Things got busy, and I didn't have time. But here we are! A new chapter! Please enjoy!

Till Next Time <3 

Em :)

Your breathing is fast and ragged. Tears are pouring down your face, and you don't know what to do. Kocoum is in your arms, and he is bleeding all over you. You can't get yourself to look up, but you scream, "Someone help!"

You can't understand how things moved so fast. One moment you two were happy, celebrating your proposal. He 

Jai is the first to come over, kneeling so he is in front of Kocoum and you. You don't understand why Jair is standing in front of you, but finally, you look away from Kocoum to see what is happening. 

You freeze at the sight, but you know who they are trying to tackle... Ben...

He meets your eyes when you find him, and he freezes, letting the others get him to the ground, his hands bound.

Ben wasn't the worst on your crew, but he sure wasn't the best. Ben never stood up for what was right, even if he felt it wasn't right. Because of this, you never wanted to be close to him.

But seeing his expression right, he like John Smith thought you were dead. You are surprised to see that John Smith is one of the people who is holding back Ben. 

You don't focus on what is happening anymore, you only focus on Kocoum. He is already beginning to lose color, and the sight makes him shake. 

You are finally able to speak, and you ask, "What do we do?"

Jai takes a moment to speak, and you know what he is thinking, but you don't allow him to. "That is not an option. We are going to save him!" You are barely understanding through the tears, but Jai gets the message.

"Alright," he says. "We need to get the bleeding to slow, that way we can carry him back." He looks around, trying to find something, but there is nothing. He looks from you to your dress, and he gives you a look. 

You nod your head, and begin tearing strips of the fabric from the bottom. Jai gets straight to work, and right when the fabric hits the wound, it is soaked in blood. You keep ripping the dress until there is only enough for it to cover you, and Kocoum's bleeding has slowed.

At that point, two more men appeared, and Jai looked up at them. You couldn't get your eyes off of him. His skin is pale, and his beautiful hair is coated in blood. His eyes are closed, and he is no longer his warm self. 

Jai is the one to speak first, "We don't have much time. I have managed to get the bleeding to slow, but for how long I don't know."

The two others knell down as well, and they look over at you. "Y/n," Jai says. "We need you to let go. We need you to let us carry him." He is still in your arms, but it doesn't feel like him. The thought of letting him go scares you. You are afraid that if even for a second you let him go, we won't come back to you.

But deep down, you know that you need to let him go. They are going to help him, and you need to let him go. 

So, with tears in your eyes, you release your arms and allow them to carry Kocoum. At this point, more people have come, and to your shock, they have John bound too. You forget that they don't know John, and they weren't here for what happened. 

But more men come to help carry Kocoum, and they hold him in the air, almost to their shoulders. Pocahontas comes over to you, and you can see the distressed look on her face as well, but she has more composer. 

"Come," she says, holding her hand out. "We should be going with them." You take her hand and rise to your feet. The world feels slow and cloudy, and your heart is shallow. You don't know what will happen next, and you wonder in the back of your head if this was anything like he felt when he found you.

You and Pocahontas make it back to the camp shortly after Jai and the others do. The chief makes his way over to the two of you pulls Pocahontas into a hug and says, "I am so relieved that you are okay." Pocahontas follows, and even with the ache in your chest, it makes you happy to see them like this. 

When they pull free from the hug, the Chief looks over at you. His eyes look sad, but he says, "We brought him straight to Keketa, and we are doing everything we can. We have not dealt with many of these injuries, so we are unsure how to heal his wounds, but we will continue to do everything we can do to help him."

You nod your head, unable to speak. So, Pocahontas speaks, "We should get you cleaned up. That way when you see him, you will look your best." You don't want to leave him, you want to be with him, but Pocahontas knows what your thinking and says, "Nothing will change if your with me, or right near him. I think we should allow the healers some space."

The Chief agrees as he says, "I agree. I think you should get cleaned up, and we can get you some new clothes as well." You look down at your hands, which are still covered in his blood. Even if you were to with him, you wouldn't want him to see you like this when he wakes. 

So, you say, "Alright."

You make your way to the river as Pocahontas and her father make their way in the other direction. Pocahontas needed to talk to her father about the events that took place, and she was going to get you some new clothes and would meet you back at her tent when you were done.

So, when you get the the river, you don't bother taking off your clothes, but right when you enter the cold river, could of the brown blood flows down the river. 

Each second you spend scrubbing, the more you feel like you are going to shatter.  You didn't see him after they took him, and not knowing what is happening is making you feel crazy. 

You hurry in the water, wanting to get out and ready as fast as possible. You quickly wash your hair and your face, making sure that you are as clean as possible. 

Leaving the river, you make your way back to Pocahontas. She is inside, and so is her father, and when they see you, they stop speaking. The chief looks at his daughter, and says, "I will speak with the guards when this is done and free your friend." They must be speaking about John.

The chief leaves the tent, setting his hand on your shoulder as he departs. Pocahontas grabs a pile of brown fabric and hands it to you as she says, "Here, take this. This is all we have, so I hope it's to your liking."

"Thank you," you whisper. 

"It's no problem. I will return when you are done." Pocahontas leaves as you set the clothes down. You remove your wet clothes, throwing them on the ground. You pull on the clothes that Pocahontas gave you, and you look down at them, holding them in front of you.

The outfit is very similar to Pocahontas, it is a dress. The material is made of a leather of sorts and is a deep brown. A white border lines the top and bottom, and the material is soft. This dress was drastically different from what you usually had to wear, but wearing something of theirs made you feel more at home. 

Now you just need the person who made this place a home to live in...

You wipe the tears from your face and take a deep breath. Pulling the dress on, it fits like a glove. You run your fingers through your hair and move your hands down the dress. 

You decide not to wear the shoes, they are uncomfortable anyways, and make your way outside to Pocahontas, knowing that these next hours will be difficult.