Seventeen

You, Kocoum, Jai, and two other men are walking through the woods. Jai is currently leading you all to where you last saw Pocahontas. The entire time Kocoum keeps your hand in his.

You know that your being here makes him worried, but you know that it is the right thing. If there is any chance that you can change the outcome of this event and no one gets hurt, then you will take the chance.

On the way, you did however promise Kocoum to stay hidden unless you were needed. That you could agree to. Because what Kocoum said earlier was true. If someone did happen to see that you were alive, then there was a good chance that your commander would find out. Not only would that put you at further risk, but that would also put Kocoum in danger. He had made it very clear that he would go to any lengths to make sure that you were okay.

You are close to the spot where Jai said she was, and Kocoum says, "Wait?" You look over at him with confused eyes, and he continues in a whisper, "We should take a look before we do anything.

Everyone, including you, nod your heads in agreement. The less noise and attention you create, the better. Kocoum, still holding onto your hand, pulls you so you are behind a bush. Carefully, you wait as everyone is there with you to look over.

Over the bush, you freeze at what you see. You see Pocahontas kissing a boy. Not just any boy, but one that you remember well.

John Smith.

John Smith was known for his skills when it came to dealing with "trespassers," but you didn't know him well, and you simply didn't want to. From everything that you heard, this shocked you to your bones.

"What are you going to do?" This situation had you completely stumped. You didn't want to stop this if it meant getting more of your people to mix. But, at the same time, you needed to be cautious. He could be a spy sent by your commander.

Kocoum looks over at you, and says, "It's like you and me, I won't do anything to hurt him." He looks back at the other men, and says, "You all stay here. I want to talk to them. I don't want to scare them."

You can tell that Jai wants to fight against him, but when it comes down to the final say, Kocoum has it.

When Pocahontas and John stop kissing, Kocoum stands. Right away, John Smith and Pocathonas look at Kocoum, worry coating their face.

"It's alright," Kocoum says. "I'm not going to do anything."

John Smith is the one to answer, "And how do we know that you aren't going to rat us out?"

"I'm like you two," he whipers. "I am in love with the enemy. I am in love with Y/n." Pocahontas doesn't look surprised, but John does. The surprise on his face is all it takes for you to stand as well.

John looks over at you, and somehow, more shock coats his face. "Y/n?" He says. "Your alive? I saw you get pushed into the ocean and sink." And he, like all the others didn't save you. You can see Kocoum stiffen, but he keeps his composure.

"Yes," you say, your voice quiet. Kocoum turns around to meet you, going to meet you, but it takes all of a second for it to happen.

The gun flares, and you are right in the path. But it takes Kocoum a second to react, jumping so he is now in the way. It takes all of an another second as you scream as the bullet tears through him, and you collapse to the ground with him falling into your arms.

A/n: Two chapters in one day! I couldn't wait to get this chapter out to you! I'm sorry it was short, but it needed to be done! I will probably be updating tomorrow or Friday! So keep your eyes open!

Till next time <3

Em :)