Six

When you wake, you feel very well rested. Sleeping on a boat for most of your life wrecks your sleep, and you finally feel still and calm...

You rub your eyes, trying to move the sleep from your eyes. You feel so well-rested that you feel groggy.

You roll over on your side, trying to see if he is still here with you. You sigh as you roll over and he isn't there. You roll back into your back, spreading your arm out to your side, and wince.

You are still sore from the beating you had taken the other day. You could see the purple bruises that covered your arms, and you take a deep breath.

You had almost died, and if weren't for Kocoum, you probably would have. 

Not wanting to think anymore about this, you push to so your sitting up, your arms and legs feeling stiff. You stretch your hands above you, them aching in the process. You look down at your legs, the same purple bruises coating your legs. They had gotten so much worse in these few days. 

Seeing these bruises makes you stir crazy, and you feel like the walls of the tent are closing in on themselves. Finally, you stand then, not wanting to stay in the tent.

Making sure your blue dress is down so it is fully covering your legs, you make your way out of the tent. You don't see him anywhere, and that makes you even more sad. 

So instead, you decide to take the time for yourself. You haven't had much time to take care of yourself or clean yourself, and you can only imagine what you look like. You walk towards the river, wanting to freshen up and try to make yourself look less... dead...

Making the way to the lake, you look around as you watch the people around you.

People are all still waking up, some making their way out of their tents, and around the fire. Two kids run around you, running and chasing each other while they laugh loudly. You smile as they run by you, laughing.

Finally, at the lake, you dip your hands in the water and splash your face. The water is cold as it hits your face, and it feels amazing.

You walk farther down the lake, making sure that you are out of sight of the people before you begin taking off your clothes. Pulling off the dress, your stiff arms groan as you pull it over your head.

Setting the dress on the tree, you look down at your body. More of the bruises you had before coat your body, making you cringe at the sight. Your commander was going to pay for what he did to you, one way or another.

You sigh as you walk into the water, feeling the coolness hit your feet. The dirt that coated your feet washes off. The water feels refreshing as you get farther and farther in.

You dunk your head under the water, cleaning off your hair.m with your fingers. Finally feeling clean, the cool water helps with the stiffness of your body.

Washing your face, you hear the sounds of footsteps, and you freeze. Scared, you go deeper into the water so only your head is showing.

"I found you! I've been looking for you everywhere when I couldn't find you-"

You jump, letting out a small scream as the voice startles you.

"Are you okay? Do you need my help?" The worried and sincere voice that is behind you is safe.

You turn around, seeing Kocoum. You sigh out of relief. "I'm okay, I just needed to clean up."

"Good, you had me worried there for a while."

You smile at that, making you feel giddy. "Do you mind turning around? I need to get dressed."

Kocoum doesn't say anything as he turns around. You slowly make your way out of the water, the cold wind hitting you causing you to shiver. You don't take much time to pull in your dress, the water on your skin making you cold.

You watch as Kocoum still stands facing backward, so stiffly. You don't realize what you are doing before you do it, but you place your hand on his shoulder, slightly moving your fingers down.

He takes your hand, turning around with your hand in his. "You're so cold, we should get you back to the fire." You don't protest as he holds your hand, pulling you back towards the main camp.

Sitting down on a log, he pulls you down so you are sitting next to him. He feels so warm against your touching shoulders, and you soak in the warmth of the fire. Still holding your hand, he begins speaking, "I left this morning because I had to talk to the commander."

"About what?"

"Nothing much. I needed to speak to him about our troops. I'm the one who takes care of them."

You freeze for a moment, realizing how amazing Kocoum really was. He had to be strong in order to be the head of the troops. You smile, saying, "That's amazing Commander Kocoum."

She smiles then, and continues, "I didn't want to leave you this morning. I wanted to stay with you. But when I got back and you weren't there, I was worried that you didn't want to stay and you left..." He looks over at you, taking a moment before he says, "I don't understand this feeling. But I do know one thing, I don't want to lose you. I care for you more than I realize."

You feel the butterflies assault your stomach, and you blush. You know exactly how he feels. You squeeze his hand and say, "I understand how you feel. I don't understand what I'm feeling either, but I think I like it." You smile as you look into his eyes. "I would never do that. I want to stay here as long as you want me here."

"And I will want you here forever (Y/n)."