Three

You are still sitting with Kocoum, not really saying much. Even though you insist he should go leave and get some rest, he won't. He insists that he needs to stay with you and make sure you are okay. 

But eventually, exhaustion won over, and now he lay sleeping next to your leg. 

The tent doesn't allow for much more room than that, and you don't have the heart to wake him. You have grown to care for him in the short time you have been with him. You have learned that he has a kind soul, and will do anything for his people. 

His head shifts so it is now against your thigh, and you smile at how calm his face looks. When he sleeps like this, you can truly see how handsome he is. His face is soft, and all those lines that make him look intimidating disappear. 

A stray hair falls from his ear, and without thinking, you tuck the hair behind his ear. You jump when he sighs, and his eyes slowly flutter open. He has been asleep for a while now, and the sun is beginning to set. You feel guilty waking him, he must have been exhausted. Who knows when he last slept before finding you? 

He looks up at you, your eyes connecting when he shoots up, the realization that he fell asleep hits his face. It doesn't take him long to get on his knees, saying, "Oh no!" He almost hits his head as he stands. "How long have I been sleeping?"

You don't say anything as he paces, and you watch as his worried expression turns calm as he looks at you. Your eyes meet, and you smile at his messy hair. It's like the whole world has shifted as he smiles back, pulling you so you are on your feet now.

"Have you rested at all? It will make me feel better if you rested as well." There was no possible way you could have slept while he did. Even as tired as you are, you couldn't help but study his face. Anyhow, being that close to him sent your heart into a panic, so watching him sleep was the next best thing.

You nod your head though, not wanting to make him feel bad. He smiles again, this smile not quite as large as the last one. You know he doesn't fully believe you, but he doesn't push the subject through and instead says, "Let's talk to the chief. The sooner you get that done, the sooner you can relax."

With each second that passes, you are learning more and more that Kocoum is a very busy person. 

He takes your hand again and leads you out of the tent. While walking there, fear rakes your body. You don't want to leave and go back to your governor. He would kill you if he saw you again, no doubt about it. 

He's done it before...

You freeze in front of the tent that houses the chief, and you realize that this can determine your life. 

Kocoum realizes your fear and turns around to meet you. "It's alright (Y/n), I won't let anything happen to you. I won't let you leave." The last part sounds more like a command, and you relax.

Inside the tent, you see the Chief talking to another girl. She looks around your age, with beautiful black hair. "Hello Kocoum, I see that you brought our guest." He looks away from Kocoum and now looks over to you. "Hello, my name is Chief Powhatan, and this is my Daughter, Pocahontas." 

"Hello Cheif," you are quiet at first, but your voice works up as you say, "My name is (Y/n)." You give both a small smile and a wave.

Kocoum is the one to speak now, "She has explained her situation, and why she was getting attacked. I fully believe that you will understand her."

The Chief looks from you to Kocoum, and then says, "Then please, explain." You begin telling the story of how you helped the little girl, and your Governors' rule. You explained how he began chasing you, and Kocoum saved you. 

Pocahontas, his daughter, is the one to speak this time. "Father, if I may, I believe that she is telling the truth. Her presence gives off kindness. She helped one of your own..."

"And that makes you one of our own..."