Sixteen

A/n: Hello my lovely readers! I know I stated in my last update that I wouldn't be updating this week, but plans changed and I had some downtime to get writing. As you can tell, we are reaching a sort of "peace." Although, I can promise you that more action is coming soon! To do this, I have decided to use some of the events from the first movie! Let me know in the comments if you can guess what events are being mentioned!

Anyway, I hope that you enjoy this chapter!

Til next time <3

Em :) 

Your breath catches, and you don't know what to say. Did he just ask you to marry him? You knew that Kocoum loved you, but never in a million years did you think that he would want to marry you. Still, hearing those words spoken to you makes your heart stop.

Kocoum wants to spend his life with you.

The idea of remaining here with Kocoum for the rest of your life makes you feel like you are on fire. 

Kocoum is watching you, his eyes searching and his face eager. He is waiting for your response, and you are too. 

You know that you want to marry Kocoum, but the idea of those people still being out there makes you worried. The idea that at any moment they could come back and hurt him makes you scared. If you were to marry Kocoum, there would be no way for him to not get hurt as well.

After a moment of no answer, Kocoum finally says, "Y/n?"

You look up at Kocoum, his eyes pleading with you. You say, "I want to marry you-"

Kocoum cuts you off, knowing that you were going to continue but won't let you. "Then marry me, Y/n!" Hearing the plea in his voice makes you crack, breaking you. So much has happened to the two of you in the past few days. Why can't you just say yes? 

"But we should wait until we know it's safe..."

"Why?" This shocks you. This was not what you were expecting him to say. He continues, "Why wait? Wait so if they can come back you can go with them?" You are about to speak, but Kocoum doesn't allow you to, not this time. "I won't let you go back. Married or not married, I will protect you. You aren't going back to them, no matter where we stand." Kocoum takes your hands and pulls them to his warm chest.  ''Please...'' Kocoum's face is mere inches from your face, and your breath catches. ''Don't keep running into danger, I don't know what I would do if I lost you...''

And with everything he has just said, you know what you need to say. "Yes," you breathe. "I'll marry you Kocoum."

You don't get another second to respond as Kocoum closes those few inches. His hands move so one is on your cheek, and the other is knotted in your hair. This kiss isn't like the other ones. Before he was gentle and slow, but this one is rough and demanding. 

Kocoum is trying to cram all of his feelings into one kiss, and this kiss sends you into the sky. Nothing else matters. Only his lips on yours and his hands in your hair. You follow his example, but instead, you pull yourself against him.

Your hands are sliding against his chest, and you can hear him moan against your touch. You know that this moment is your moment. And there is nothing else but you and Kocoum.

Later, you two make your way out of the tent. Kocoum insisted that he needed to let everyone know that you were getting married. 

You two spent hours with each other. Kissing, talking, cuddling. Every second wasn't enough with him, and you knew that no matter what, this was what you wanted. 

You look over at Kocoum, who is still smiling ear to ear. You feel the same way as him, and as you walk to the tent, it feels as if you are walking on clouds. Nothing could make you feel different, even if you are told you can't marry him. 

You hold hands as you walk towards the chief's tent. Even though the chief has shown you kindness, both Kocoum and you are worried about how he will react. The chief liked you because you have proved your worth in your dedication to helping his people, but still, your people have hurt many of his. 

You aren't expecting to see the chief distraught in the tent. "Kocoum!" He says, his voice worried and fast. "You are exactly who I was needing. Please, son! I need your help!" You telling the chief about Kocoums and your engagement would need to wait. Right now, the chief needed help. 

"Of course," Kocoum nods his head. You can see his demeanor shift, but you can still see the light in his eyes. 

"It's Pocahontas," he says. "She was seen in the woods with one of the people on her boat." You freeze, confused and not knowing what to say. The commander's daughter was with one of your crewmates? 

Kocoum too looks shocked, but he keeps his composure. "Is she alright? Is she safe?"

"We are unsure. Jai was the only one who saw her, and he came here to report it. They are unsure what is happening." The chief takes a breath, his face filled with worry, but he continues, "I need you to go see what is happening. I need you to bring her back safe."

"Of course," Kocoum says. He looks over at Jai, who is standing in the corner of the tent. "Jai, where was it you last saw her?"

Jai answered immediately, and he too looked concerned. "In the north past the river. It was only. a few moments ago."

"Alright," Kocoum says. "Jai, can you come with me? I will gather a few more men and we will leave immediately."

"Yes," Jai says. "Whatever you need." This side of Jai was something that you never have seen, but it was refreshing to know that there was a good side to him. 

Kocoum turns to face you, and says, "I want you to stay here." What? Was he kidding? He wanted you to stay here after everything you just heard? No way. 

"No," you say. "I'm coming."

"What?" Kocoum looks worried and shocked. "You want to come?"

"Yes," I say. "This is the chief's daughter we are talking about. If it is one of my crew mates, then maybe I could talk some sense into them." 

Kocoum's eyes fill with worry, and you know that he doesn't want you coming, but he says, "But what if they see you and report back to your commander that you are alive and here with us?" Kocoum did have a good point. But you could also be the key to saving Pocahontas's life. You need to help the people you care about. Especially Pocahontas. She was one of the first people to fight for your innocence. 

"Haven't we learned what happened when we are apart? Bad things happen when we aren't there to protect each other." You can feel tears prick your eyes, but you hold them back. "Please, let me come."

Kocoum takes your hand and, with a deep breath, says, "Alright, but you have to promise me that if things go south, you will run. I won't risk you again."

And this was one of the many reasons that you loved Kocoum. Even if he wanted to keep you safe, he would allow you to come if it made you happy. But you can't fully promise him that if things go badly, you will run. Because like him, you would do anything to keep him safe. 

So you don't promise, instead you say, "Alright."

And you and Kocoum exit the tent and begin your journey to save Pocahontas.