Envy

"Willow, I love you. But you're pathetic," I glared at my roommate from my spot on the couch. I'd graduated from spending all of my time at home inside my bedroom, to only some of my time there, the rest of it being spent watching Netflix and Disney classics on the living room couch.

"Cass, I love you, but I'm going back to my room," Past the initial "Oh my god what happened to you" conversation I'd shut down all of her attempts to talk about Will, or about how pathetic I am.

"Yeah Willow, it's time to move on," I peaked around the doorway to see Robin filling a glass of wine in the kitchen. "He cheated, it's his loss." The words were meant to be comforting but they came across as angry. Robin had been angry with me a lot lately, as if somehow this were my fault and I'd done the cheating. She hadn't bothered to try and reach out to me much after my breakup with Will, but she was still coming around to hang out with Cass. She had been Friends with Cass before I came along and we became friends through her, but lately it seemed like I was just an annoyance.

"We could get drinks. Go down to club envy. Make new memories," Cass said wiggling her eyebrows at me. "Tomorrow night. I'll get Olivia to come with us, and of course the twins." She said turning to Robin.

"Of course! Maybe I'll get to run into Callum again. I never got his number. Shame,"

I rolled my eyes. It may not have been his number, but she did get something from him. After several more tries at convincing me, I reluctantly agreed, and so 24 hours later I stood in the bathroom staring at myself. I never got the chance to dress like this when I was with Will, I never got the full college girl experience. Until tonight. Tonight, I was a single college girl. I didn't go quite as crazy with the outfit like the twins usually do, but it was the sexiest I've ever felt. My dark brown hair fell in thick waves, swept over to one side in a soft side part. I had on a shimmery black V neck dress with sheer mesh bits running from my rib cage to my hips, the dress itself stopping only a few inches below my butt, tight to my skin. I relished in being able to do my makeup the way I wanted to with a nice smokey eye, blood red matte super stay 24-hour lipstick, and winged eyeliner. Cass helped me with the final touches before giving me a whistle.

"Where the hell have you been hiding?" She said appreciatively while she checked me out. She laughed and gave me a quick hug before we ran out to catch up to the other girls.

I actually did feel a bit better walking into club Envy this time. I was dressed the way I wanted too, even with a low three-inch strappy heel, and I felt good for the first time in a long time. That also may have been the pre drinks, but I chose to think it was just me.

The twins were dressed fabulously as always in their typical body suit/skirt combo. Olivia wore a tight dark red dress that sat mid thigh, and sported a similar neckline to mine. Somehow it made her green eyes even more vibrant. Cass had opted for a caramel-coloured body suit tucked into black tights with a beautiful white heel. It went well with her caramel highlighted hair.

We started with two rounds of tequila shots, and mixed drinks. I settled on their pomegranate smash. I had no idea what was in it but it was delightful. In no time we were all out on the dancefloor, Robin and Kirsten putting on the twin show, and Cass, Ollie, and I forming our own group. My hips swayed in time, sandwiching Cass between Olivia and I as she was the easiest one to put there. I was feeling amazing. Determined to put Will out of my head, I threw caution to the wind and drank as much as I wanted. On a whim, I'd bought a pack of smokes at the convenience store beside the club, and the alcohol was telling me it's almost cigarette time.

"Do you guys want a drink?" I yelled over the music. When they both shook their heads no, I pointed at the bar to let them know they could find me there. I leaned over the bar, mouthing "Pomegranate?" to the bar tender hoping he would know what it meant. He did.