2

Chishiya's feelings started become clearer the day she asked him out for Coffee.

It was after their midterms examination. They haven't spoken in a while because they spent the weeks studying for the exam. Chishiya noticed she has been fidgeting throughout their classes, as if she has something she wanted to tell him. However the classes ended without her saying a word.

Chishiya heaved a long sigh as he walked towards the Campus gate. That's how he learned expecting something that never came did not at all feel good. But just as he was about to walk out of the gate, he hears his name called out by the only voice he recognizes from the class. The only voice that matter.

"Chishiya-kun!" He turns around and inwardly scoffed. For how cliché it is that cherry petals scatter along with the wind as their eyes met.

"Do you...drink coffee by any chance?" She shyly asked, the picture of her blushing face embedded into his memory.

"I could start now." He replied with a smile. She blinked for a second, processing his response.

"Then... there's a newly opened coffee shop just across the campus. Would you like to go with me?" Her voice was sweet, almost sending him a tingling sensation deep within. Again, he was not sure if he liked the feeling, but he certainly did not hate it.

Chishiya did not remember much about their walk towards the Café. Perhaps it was because he got lost in thought, wondering why he was so attracted to her. Or maybe it was because he was too focused on observing her. He found everything about her surreal. Her soft hair gracefully flowing with the wind, her flowery scent, how she's gentle in every way. He would agree if somebody would say she looks ethereal.

"Do you like hot, iced, or blended?" She asked, snapping him out of his thoughts.

"Surprise me." He replied mischievously, and she giggled at his response.

A few minutes ago, she came back carrying two drinks and pastries on a tray. Knowing her gentle personality, Chishiya was sure she had picked the blended drink for herself and the Iced americano for him. But he was entirely wrong. He discovered that contrary to her sweet aura, the girl actually liked her coffee bitter.

"I would see you eat cookies during lectures from time to time, so I figured you like sweets. If you don't, I could get you another one."

"It's alright, you guess right. I do prefer sweets." He reassured.

"To be honest, I want to thank you. My parents are kinda extreme, and how they react whenever I try to make art sort of left me hopeless."

Chishiya was both surprised and pleased at how she easily opened up to him. Normally, he would have pushed people away if they get a little too attached, but with her, Chishiya felt would always feel like he had to get involved.

"By the way, I'm so sorry for crying out of the blue last time. It's just that I've spent months trying to sulk about my situation, and have been blinded by the fact that there could be another way I could pursue what I like."

Chishiya have always been a good listener, but for a selfish purpose. He didn't mind listening to people so he could discover their weaknesses. So it was safe to say this was thee first time he genuinely listened because somehow, deep inside his dark twisted heart, he cared.

"What I'm trying to say is, you made me realize I still have a chance. So thank you, Chishiya-kun." She grins widely at him.

He could be going insane, he thinks he's delusional. For he could have sworn he saw sparkles floating in the air as she grinned.

"So...about the workshop?"

"I attend them, and I've been enjoying it a lot. I feel like my heart is full because I could make art again. Plus I don't get caught because I hide the artworks in my files. It was such an amazing experience! I really really really owe everything to you, Chishiya-kun. I don't know how I can repay you." How she spoke excitedly with her eyes glimmering turned Chishiya's final switch on.

He liked her. It was new to him but it's got to be that. Otherwise he wouldn't have felt happy when she started cheering up. Otherwise he wouldn't have liked it when her eyes began lively again. Otherwise he wouldn't have found her incredibly beautiful. Otherwise he wouldn't have found her so fascinating.

"Then...tomorrow, the day after, and the day after that...would you get coffee with me again?"