23

"Nanami....Aika... where is she?" Chishiya asked the doctor, his voice still hoarse as his mouth and nose is still covered with oxygen support.

"Nanami? You know her? She's also a patient from the meteorite crash. Are you a family member?"

"Boyfriend..." He weakly replied.

"I understand, Chishiya-san. Take a moment to process everything and then I'll take you to her."

"Can...you take me...now?" He asked.

The doctor was reluctant at first, however, he really looked like he needed to see her. He sighed in defeat. "Alright, I'll make an exception this time."

"Her body was buried under fallen parts of buildings. And she was pierced by huge shards of glass from the broken window. Her right leg was specially damaged. For now she's in coma. But I have to say, your girlfriend fought really well. It's a miracle that she's even breathing after all that." The Doctor explained.

Chishiya touched the glass wall separating him from her and gazed at her beautiful form. "She's always been an amazing fighter..." He lovingly whispered.

Heaving a long sigh of relief, Chishiya gently pressed his forehead on the glass. "Thank you for fighting." He whispered.

"There's still no guarantee when she'll wake up, but with her fighting spirit, we can always hope for another miracle."

Chishiya nodded, refusing to leave her side. "Could I come inside?" He asked the doctor intently. He suddenly felt as if he has to hold her hand. Like she was reckoning him to do so. "I need to be close to her. I need to tell her I'm right by her side."

"Well, since no family member has come for her, we'll make you count for now."

The doctor slid the door open. Chishiya momentarily gasped for air, and as he walked closer towards her unconscious form, he felt as if his heart was being clutched. He found her too breathtaking.

He sat on the door near her bedside and carefully took her hand. "Ai..." he whispered, putting a gentle kiss on the back her hand. "You're so beautiful."

"Remember when you said you wanted a beagle? We'll get one, alright? Just open your eyes, Ai. I'll get you as many as you like. And that huge aquarium overseas that you want to go to? We'll go there as soon as you want. I'll do anything so please, open your eyes okay? As always, there's no rush. You can take your time, but please don't leave me yet...."

"You're doing great, Chishiya-san. Her vital stats has gotten a bit better. If we're lucky, talking to her everyday might speed up her recovery."

The next day, Chishiya came back bearing a glimmer of hope. He decided to fill her room with different colors of Chrysanthemums. For he knew she loved those flowers. And he thought if he'd surround the room with everything she likes, maybe she'll eventually wake up.

"I'm still here, Ai. Take your time. I'll always be here." He whispered, placing a kiss on her forehead.

The following day, Chishiya filled her room with pastel colors. From the blinds, the sheets and everything else except the medical equipments, he changed everything into her favorite color. He wanted to work hard so she'll know he's doing everything he can for her as well.

He thought if she was out there somewhere, debating whether to follow the light or to come back to him, then he just had to convince him enough to make her come back.

"Ai..." He whispered, holding her hand. "I'll just go home for a bit to get fresh sets of clothes for us, but I'll be right here when you wake up...okay?"

Gently, he kissed her forehead, like how he would normally do. Then, reluctantly, he stood up and walked towards the door.

"Shun...." He heard a faint voice. His eyes slowly widened, and his heart vigorously pounded. Slowly, he turned back to see her.

And there she was, even more beautiful as he could now see her alluring eyes. While he walked back towards her, a smile slowly painted on his face.

"I'm here..." He whispered, seating on the chair beside her and gently taking her hand.

She smiled at him, and his heart melted, as if it had found its way home. Gently, she trailed her fingers on his cheek.

"I feel...like it's....been a while. I've missed...you, Shun." She managed to utter even when she was still struggling to move her lips.

"I rarely say this, but thank God...." He whispered in relief. A tear finally escaping his eye. "Thank you for fighting, Ai. Thank you for not leaving me." He broke down into tears, putting her hand to his cheeks.

"I may not know...what happened to me but, I will always fight for a future with you....Shun." She whispered. "To be honest.....I felt like, I've almost crossed the border to the afterlife.....but as I saw myself walking on clouds......all
I could think about...was how to come back to you."

"And seeing ....you here right now, I am sure that I made the right....decision to fight."

"For a moment, I was scared. I was scared of living in a world without you, Ai." Chishiya confessed.

"And I was afraid of leaving you all alone in this world, Shun." She confessed back.

"Because of that, I would like to give this to you. I know I should have at least waited until you recover but I suddenly felt like I can't delay this any longer." Chishiya declared, pulling out a velvet box from his pocket. "I bought this a year ago, contemplating on the perfect time to give it to you. Luckily I did not lose it during the meteorite incident. "

Tears fell from the corner of Aika's eyes. Somehow, she knew what he would ask as if it happened in a distant dream before. And she also happen to know what she would reply.

"Through ups and downs, you were there for me. I am not the most emotionally intelligent man. I am not the most empathetic person. But you made me realize that even someone like me is capable of loving. I can't see myself loving anyone other than you anymore. I can't even see myself being capable of living in a world without you. But I can see myself loving you for the rest of my life....."

She smiled as shoved his chair back and knelt on the cold tiled floor.

"So let's get married, Aika."

"Yes to all things with you, for the rest of my life, shun..."

———

Nope! This fic is not done yet!!

I also would like to show you guys the quick fanart I made of Chishiya

I also would like to show you guys the quick fanart I made of Chishiya. You can find me on instagram @ghyllarts. I make and post art there so you could also reach out if you want to
request me to draw your fave scene of Aika and Chishiya. I also accept commissions, samples are in my IG too!