6

Would you die for one another?

The prompt in the website Chishiya and Aika checked out out of boredom which apparently measures how much a couple loved it each other. They both found it ridiculous, still they had nothing to do since they'd rather stay home.

"I mean I would, in a heart bit." Aika declared, smiling as she caressed her boyfriend's cheeks.

"That's stupid, I wouldn't want you to die for me."

"Hmm? Why so?" Chishiya only smiled mischievously, planting a quick peck on her forehead.

"Because I'd prefer if you live for me." He whispered, gazing unto her eyes. All of the sudden her cheeks heated up, contrary to the cold weather.

"So given the choice to die or live for me, please always live for me, Ai."

Aika opened her eyes, and immediately coughed out the remnants of water in her lungs. She had almost forgotten that he wouldn't like it if she died here. No matter what she had to go home to him.

"You made it princess, so I pulled you out."

She turned to her side to see Banda smirking yet again. Only this time, blood was dripping from his arm and his complexion have become a lot paler than the original.

"You were bit."

"I've got a little complacent that the shark wouldn't bite as I pulled you up."

She furrowed her eyebrows. Confused as to why a murderer would save her life. But she wouldn't dare ask. Besides, he looks like the type of person to do anything that pleases him. Maybe he just found it interesting to do something out of character. Maybe it was another reason she wouldn't understand. Either way, it does not concern her.

"Wait here." She told him before once again diving into the blood tainted pool.

As the cold water touched her, she felt sick, recalling how many people had drowned and been eaten alive by the sharks. There were still scattered unrecognizable body parts all over, and she wanted to get out immediately.

She picked the Katana deep down, and swam up immediately.

She gasped deeply for air the moment she touched the surface.

"A katana? Nice choice."

Aika recalled everything she observed in this place. The female robotic voice, how there were only few people left, and the laser being shut out of nowhere every time someone disobeys a rule. It's a ridiculous thought, but it somehow makes sense that this is not the real world. Why was she here? How does she return to the real one? She wasn't certain yet, but she's determined to find out.

"Can you stand?" She asked Banda.

"If I push it, I think."

"I'll help you up, and we'll find something to clean up and seal your wound. Are you up for a little trip?" She offered, Banda responded with a dark grin.

"Lead the way princess."

In the end, they stopped in a nearby hospital to pick up medical supplies. Aika decided to pick up spares as well just in case. After that, they stayed in a deserted hotel. There was still no electricity, but it would at least have given them a place to sleep comfortably.

"There, I patched you up. I think it's just fair that you answer my questions." She told him as she finished putting a bandage on his wound.

He only snickered. "I didn't take you for someone bold enough to make a deal with a murderer, Princess."

"It's not a deal. Besides, you told me to survive if I want answers."

"Very well. Ask away then."

"What's with those games?"

Banda only shrugged. "It's easy. Clear games, you live. If you don't, you'll die eventually."

"Eventually?"

"You lost your phone so you don't know, but they supply us with visas every time you finish a game. If you run out of visa, you die. Isn't this world amazing?"

"Visa?" He nodded. "The game we played earlier was 6 of spades, clearing it gave us a 6 day visa."

"And what were you saying about the spades game being a physical game?"

"Oh that. This is just a hunch but I believe the kind of cards reflect the genre of the games. Spades are physical, clubs are group games, diamond are games of wit, as for the hearts, let's just say it would literally play with your heart. Does that satisfy your curiosity, princess?"

"Judging by what you told me, it seems like the games represent a specific type of card. But what happens if we clear the games of all those cards?"

Banda snickered once again. "You're surprisingly smart, princess. But even I don't know the answer to that. But I intend to find out."

"I guess the only reasonable thing to do is collect all those cards." She mumbled to herself.

"You're surprisingly chill for someone who had just witnessed a lot of death, Princess."

Aika looked away. "I'm a resident doctor, witnessing death is nothing new."

She was lying. It tormented her deep inside. This world did not make any sense to her. She couldn't get why a lot of people had to die just like that. She wanted to scream, but what good would it do to her if she allowed herself to be driven mad? She had to endure and go home.

She has to go home to him no matter what. Even if she has to witness a lot of deaths. She will survive and see him again.