26

Chishiya realized his wife has been acting strange.

She has been avoiding to eat her favorite Okonomiyaki, has been eating pickled plums when she couldn't stand them before, and now she's having a hard time to escape morning's greatest predicament which is their bed.

"Are you alright?" He asked her.

She only shook her head while lying flat on their bed. "I just want to be a sushi roll......" she mumbled.

A loving smile formed on Chishiya's face. "Then I'll turn you into one." He said, enveloping her with their comforter. "Feel better?" He asked, placing a quick peck on her lips. She nodded.

"What are you feeling right now?" He asked, gently caressing her cheek.

"Sore..." she replied.

"Sore? That's strange. We didn't do anything last night." He said, embracing her while she was still wrapped in their comforter.

"Shun?"

"Hmm?"

"I feel sick today....can you do something for me?" He eagerly nodded.

"Anything. Just tell me." He assured with a smile.

"I put some papers on your work desk, they are 2D Echo results of a patient of mine, I think I need a second opinion from you about his condition."

"Sure. I'll go check at work." He replied, placing another peck on her lips.

Chishiya didn't leave to work right of the bat. He made sure to cook her pancakes with a lot of strawberries and cream which she all strangely devoured in one seating. As if she had skipped meals for days.

After that, he made sure to do all the chores so she would just have to rest all day.

When he reached the office, he instantly noticed a brown envelope on his desk. Carefully, he took out the contents and quickly scanned it.

His eyes slowly widened. The result doesn't belong to his wife's patient but his wife's. And it wasn't a 2D Echo result, but an ultrasound. Without warning, a tear escaped his eye. He gently caressed the paper while his heart was overwhelmed by the result.

Immediately, he drove home without even notifying the nurses. He just rushed towards the parking lot with the papers on his hand and then drove his car.

The closer he got from home, the more his heart pounded vigorously. The rest of his journey back was a blur, for all he could think about was going back to her. And when he opened the door to their apartment, she was already standing their with a huge grin on her face,  as if she had been anticipating the he would come back right away.

Immediately, he tackled her to an embrace. "So....how do you read the results, Sensei?" She joked, embracing him back.

"I would prescribe finally getting our own house. A big one." He joked bag, and she giggled.

In all honesty, Chishiya already had a hunch by the way she had been acting. But this day, he learned that the real deal felt a lot more amazing.

"You're not scared? About us bringing another child into this world?" He shook his head.

"I admit, before I met you, having children never once crossed my mind. I believed my whole life that I would never qualify to be a father, much more a good one." He gently pressed his palms on both of her cheeks. "But now, looking at you, I am assured in the thought that you will be their mother, Ai."

"All these years, all you've done was love me, care for me, and pamper me, Shun. So as the mother of your child, this I tell you, you're more than qualified." She assured, placing a quick peck on his lips.

"Empathy was never one of my great traits, but I promise I'll be do my best to be the good father our child deserves, Ai." She nodded, giving him a determined smile.

"Let's find out how to be good parents together, Shun."

"Together?"

"Together."

_____

"Guys, maybe we're all overreacting a bit?" Aika mumbled, sweat trickling down the side of her forehead as she watched her squad baby proof everything in their house.

Chishiya managed to pull some strings and find a two storey house with a huge balcony and a lot wide enough for his wife's dream garden. He found a place that fit exactly what she had mumbled about during one of their seminars on a resort when they were still in med school.

"Woah! This rest house is awesome! I wish I could have a house with a big balcony like this where I could see my garden from." She gasped in almost an inaudible whisper. Nevertheless, Chishiya heard it her loud and clear.

He could still remember how her eyes glimmered, as if it was one of her greatest dreams. Little did she know, he had made sure to remember what she wanted ever since. He even took a physical note of it to make sure he would be able to make it true one day. And now there they were.

Not just with her, but with people Chishiya would call their friends.

"What do you mean overreacting? Gurl, we're not even done yet!" Kuina exclaimed.

"I mean, the baby won't come until after 6 months so we don't have to do all this immediately."

"Yes, we have! It's for you as well, we can't have you accidentally slipping, and bumping on things here and there." Ann explained.

"I'm not that clumsy guys! Believe it or not, I knew martial arts like Kuina." Their friends shook their heads in sync, still unconvinced.

"Let them be, Ai. It's best to be safe." Chishiya whispered, gently and lovingly putting his arms around her waist.

"If you guys say so...."

"Guys! We brought the baby stuff!" Arisu called out, arriving with Usagi, bringing countless of shopping bags with them.

"Eh? What did you guys get?" Aika asked, overwhelmed by the numbers of the shopping bags. "You could feel at least five carts with these..."

"These are all our gifts combined. Toys, bottles, cushions, and everything the baby would need!" Usagi explained.

Aika gave his husband a confused look, her eyebrows knitted together. "You didn't stop them?"

"Loosen up, Aiks. We're all just making sure the baby's gonna be alright." Kuina assured, massaging her shoulders.

"We all just love you very much." Chishiya backed her up. And her heart melted by the fact that Chishiya finally said 'we'. She's assured that deep in his heart, he acknowledges them as their friend too.

"Thank you guys, I love you all as well. And I know the baby does too..."