20

"Ai, wake up."

"Ai, wake up..."

Aika slowly opened her eyes, recognizing the source of the gentle voice. "Shun?"

"You've fallen asleep while studying. I've woken you up to eat dinner."

"Oh no! I'm sorry Shun! I forgot that I promised to cook dinner."

Chishiya shook his head, assuring her with a smile. "I like cooking for you." He said, gently pecking her lips. "Besides, you've been tirelessly studying and working again. I still want to keep cooking for you for a lifetime, Ai. So please, take care of yourself okay?"

Aika opened her eyes. A distant memory once again reminded her of what she was fighting for. She hadn't realized she had passed out from losing a lot of blood, and perhaps from the excruciating pain as well.

She forced herself to stand up, fighting the unbearable pain from her left leg. Even when she had to limp all the way to him, she did her best to follow the blimp of the King of Spades for both of them had agreed to meet there.

Every step she took was heavy and painful, the stinging sensation piercing through her bones. But she was determined to see him
Immediately.

She didn't know how she managed to walk nonstop for several hours, but the thought of him occupied her mind the entire time. Was he alright? Was he safe? And although all the blimps had fallen except the King of Spades and the Queen of Hearts, she couldn't help but worry about him.

Finally after the painful trek, she finally saw him. But only abruptly as Aika watched him take a bullet for a girl. He quickly fell to the ground, and even when she could barely move her right leg, she ran limping towards him, and knelt beside him.

"Shun!" She cried out, holding him in her arms. He only smiled, mildly trembling at the pain.

"Chishiya! Why would you do that?" The girl asked, and then another young man Aika didn't recognize approached them.

"How can I not when I promised the girl I love that I was going to act selflessly when there's an opportunity." He weakly replied. Tears began to fall from the corner of Aika's eyes. She  used her hand to put pressure on his wound, but it wouldn't stop bleeding. "Shun, you didn't have to do that."

He smiled once again, weakly reaching out to caress her cheeks. "What happened to you, Ai? Look, you have a lot of wounds." Aika only shook her head, trying her best not to sob uncontrollably.

"This is nothing, I don't care about any of these wounds, or how painful they are. But if I lose you Shun, I'm not gonna be able to bear the pain." 

"Honest people... always seemed pretty stupid to me. I've always loved messing with people who try too hard at life. I hated selflessness. It's probably because I was jealous. They all had something I was missing. It was like they could always see what a pathetic and small-minded person I really was." Chishiya confessed, his breath begins to become unsteady. "But Ai, you changed my entire perspective. You showed me that I was capable of loving unconditionally, and this is me showing you just how much you changed my life."

"And so have you, Shun. I used to think I'd be happier If I just died, because I could finally free myself from the grasp of my parents. All the painful memories I've been through was worth it because in the end of it all, I have found you. So if you love me, if you feel the same, will you marry me?" She asked, tears still falling from the corner of her eyes. Will you live for me? Was what she meant.

Chishiya sighed in defeat. "Yes..." Yes, I will live for you. "Yes to everything for you." Yes we'll soon go home.

Aika smiled through her tears, with one final gaze into his eyes, she slowly closed the gap between their lips. And when she pulled away, she gave him a determined look.

"As a resident doctor, I'd say your probability to die from blood loss is high, specially without medical attention. But I believe this game is ending soon, so can you hang on for me until then?" She asked him, wiping her own tears.

He smirked. "Go slay that King of Spades, my Queen."

She chuckled at his cheesy response.

"Chishiya has a girlfriend?" The girl behind her asked, looking at the tall young man in confusion.

"Fiance." Chishiya butted in, and Aika found it adorable how perplexed their reactions were.

"All this time?"

"Engaged in this world, dating for four years, living together for 2 years." Chishiya weakly replied, and the two got even more confused. They were also surprised at how Chishiya was willingly talking about his relationship, while possibly dying from a gunshot. And he even seemed to be enjoying the situation.

The two only stared at each other with more confusion painted on their faces. Aika chuckled, for they looked like they had many questions they wanted to ask but couldn't for some reason.

"The King of Spades' blimp is flying towards here!" The girl called out, and just a few seconds after, a series of resounding gunshots can already be heard.

"He's here, Shun. Just rest well for now, okay?" She told him, quickly pecking his lips before standing up to unsheathe her katana.

"Come back to me, okay?" Aika nodded reassuringly.

"You better come back to me to..."