8

Chishiya had quite a lot of leisure time after clearing too many games. He didn't understand why, but he had an urge to suddenly drop by their old University. Perhaps it was because he longed to feel glimpses of her after being away from her for too long. Far too long.

Before he entered the University gate, he reached out to his pocket, and picked out a small velvet box he had bought long ago. He carried it around all the time, waiting for the perfect moment to give it to her.

And he feared the longer he stays in this world, the farther that moment strays away.

He walked inside the campus with a heavy heart. Searching for a specific warmth he couldn't find anywhere.

He wandered towards the library, the placed that held almost all the happy memories they shared while in Med school.

As he gazed unto the empty desk which used to be their favorite study spot, a vivid memory flashed as if they only happened yesterday.

"This course sure is tough. I'm looking more like the undead everyday." She sighed, once again skimming through her thick book which she has annotated diligently.

"It's amazing how you say it's difficult, yet you still give your all. Even I don't have much annotations in my book."

She only smiled at him. The smile that he secretly loved.

"Besides, you're the only struggling Med student I've seen who complains with such a wide smile on her face." He chuckled.

"Well, studying for hours here in the library surely makes my back hurt, but it makes me happy that I'm doing this with you."

"So if I wasn't here, you wouldn't smile like that?" He asked teasingly.

"I mean, probably. The only thing that makes me forget how difficult this course is, is your incredibly pretty face, Shun." She admitted, blushing at her own confession and then had the energy to cover her face with her book out of embarrassment.

Chishiya wouldn't admit it, but being called pretty by her made his heart feel warm.

With a mischievous smile on his face, he pulled her chair closer to him, and then pushed down her book to see her blushing face. He took a moment to gaze deep unto her eyes. He always thought they were beautiful. For her eyes always sparkled even when it was exhausted.

"You're adorable." He whispered, and closed the gap between their lips with a quick peck.

"I hope you're able to smile wherever you are right now." He mumbled, and then decided to walk back after finding no trace of her.

For now, he would be satisfied with only getting the warmth he had lost by recalling his memories with her. But one day, he will return. He will definitely return.

As he walked his way back, he stepped on what felt like a piece of small metal chain. His eyes widened upon checking what the item was. It was a bracelet he had recognized.

"Happy third anniversary." Chishiya whispered in her ears.

She had fallen asleep while studying for their licensure exam. Chishiya planned an entire anniversary date for the two of them, but as he watched her peaceful state leaned on his shoulders, he realized holding her in his arms was just as good.

Carefully, he wrapped a very thin silver chain on her wrist.

Having sensed the movement, she slowly opened her eyes. "Shun? I'm so sorry! I must have fallen asleep. What time is it?"

"11:59." He replied with a gentle smile.

"Oh no! Our anniversary dinner! Should I dress up? We can still go! I bet there are still restaurants open at this hour."

"It's alright, I loved having you in my arms. Besides, I got to give you my gift, so it's enough for me." He assured, pointing at her wrist.

"A semicolon?" She asked, observing the bracelet he had wrapped in her wrist.

"I used to think life was pointless, that it didn't matter whether my life ended or not. At times I've thought of giving up, but meeting you made me actually look forward to living."

"I love it Shun. You also made me want to hang on. Let's keep looking forward to our future, okay?"

Chishiya slowly nodded with a smile on his face. A tear almost escaping the corner off his eyes. "Okay."

"You're here. You're alive somewhere!" He muttered to himself, keeping her bracelet in his pocket.

It was only at that moment Chishiya realized the bracelet had fallen off in front of a room. As he walked inside, he witnessed dead people whose heads seem to have exploded. It quickly registered to him that the place had been a game arena, a game which she successfully cleared.

For a moment, Chishiya was relieved. Now that he knew she was alive, all that's left was to find her, and together, he was certain they could both find their way home.