14

"You also think we can get out of this game once we clear all the cards?" Chishiya nodded as they walked the empty streets of Tokyo.

"It's only rational that it ends that way. First we've finished the numbered cards, and now we're clearing the face cards one by one. If they stick to the category, there'd be no games to clear after that. Unless of course they pull some joker crap after all of this." He explained.

"But that Joker thing is less likely because the hierarchy does not work that way, right?" He nodded with a playful smile.

"Sharp as always, Ai."

She smiled back. And finally, Chishiya could breathe normally again. For he's now assured she's safe, and he'll do everything to keep it that way.

"So, for now we need to clear these games. I have cleared the queen of diamonds before I met you, should we go for the king next?"

Chishiya's eyes widened. Having realized something important, he froze and stopped walking. He's always believed she was capable. There was no doubt in that. He thought he was alright with fighting with her, however, for a moment, a thought of her dying form flashed in his mind. And he realized he won't be able to bear it if something happened to her.

"What's wrong?" She asked him.

"Ai, when does your visa end?" He asked in a low tone, struggling to have words escape his mouth.

"I have played quite a lot of games so I think I still have about ten days before it ends. Why?"

"Then, you can just stay at our apartment until I clear the games." She frowned, and slowly she shook her head.

"What? Don't do this Shun! I will fight with you." She pleaded, holding his hands and squeezing them tight. Immediately, he pulled his hands from her grasp.

"Ai, please. I don't like the idea of sending you to another game that could put you in danger." He argued, cupping her cheeks with his palms.

"I thought we were clearing games together? Why are you acting that way."

"I won't be able to bear it. The  thought of you dying suddenly came to my mind and I don't want to live through that, Ai. I just got you back, I can't lose you again!"

She looked at him in disbelief. A tear escaping the corner of her eyes. "You think I am going there just to die? Shun, when I promised I was going to live for you, I meant it. I did all I could to survive the games before this. I had to accept the nightmares so I could push forward. And now you want to fight alone?"

He shook his head aggressively. "You know it's not about that! Please Ai."

"Fine. You want to go alone? Then go!" She yelled, shoving him away gently. Her heart ached having to yell at him for the first time. "But just know that I am not going to sit still. The moment you leave me alone to clear games, I am going for the king of spades and you're not going to be there to stop me."

He gazed unto her eyes with a pained expression. Realizing he wouldn't win, he heaved a long sight out of frustration. "Alright. Let's do it your way. Let's clear the games. But if you die, I will kill myself, Ai." His words stung her heart. And it scared her, for she knew he meant every word.

"Shun..." she called out his name earnestly, intertwining her hand with his. "You're scared that something bad will happen to me, right?"

He silently nodded. And she gave him a pained smile. "And you understand that I feel the same, right?"

He nods again, averting his gaze from her. "See? We feel the same. That means I'd go crazy to send you to a game alone as much as you would if it were me. So please, let me keep you safe like how you'd do to me." She whispered, kissing the side of his forehead.