25

Chishiya took a deep breath, tightening his neck tie as he stood near the altar.

The wedding tunes were already being played by the pianist. The guests have already filled their seats. Because there were only about thirty guests, including Chishiya's relatives, some of their acquaintance in med school, and the friends they met while recuperating at the hospital after the meteorite incident, both of them knew that the perfect place to hold the wedding was where everything started. Their favorite café. It would seem strange to others, but the café had every important memories of them. From the first time they went to hang out, the day Chishiya asked her to be his girlfriend, their first date as an official couple, and many more.

It only made sense that they also got married in that place.

When Aika suggested it, Chishiya immediately called the café. The owner allowed them to rent the entire place for the whole day up until the reception, and even gifted them a promise of free coffee for a lifetime.

Then they filled the entire place with flowers Aika arranged by herself. He adored how she was very hands on with the preparations. She even repacked the wedding giveaways herself, and he loved supporting and helping her out.

Now, there he stood. Everything has already been set. The flowers, the decorations, even the donut wall made by their friend Usagi and Arisu. All that's left is for the bride to make her entrance.

When the entourage song played, Chishiya have momentarily forgotten how to breathe as the peach billowing curtains parted and revealed his mesmerizing bride.

Looking at the beginning of their relationship, Chishiya has already learned a lot of things. And standing there as she walked towards him, he realized that grooms crying in movies weren't overacting contrary to what he believed before. Because the moment their eyes met, tears have flown freely down his cheeks without warning. Their friends couldn't even believe he would be the first to shed tears and not her.

"Arisu! Quick! Take a photo! Chishiya's crying!" Kuina mumbled towards Arisu who volunteered to be in charge of the documentation.

While their friends were playing around, the world seemed to have slowed down for Chishiya. Because at the moment, all he could see was her.

It's not because of how ethereal she looked in her dress. Yes, she was incredibly beautiful. Every piece she wore fit her perfectly. From the gown that spilled dramatically on the floor, the necklace that defined her collarbone, everything about her was utterly enthralling Chishiya believed she puts deities to shame. And to say he was blown away would be an understatement.

Still, what's making him emotional wasn't that but her gorgeous smile and the meaningful look in her eyes saying, we made it.  It was because even faraway, he could see himself in her eyes and is assured that the woman in front of him will love him for the rest of their lives.

On the other hand, as Aika walked towards his groom, she felt as if every pain she felt, every traumas she gained from her family has been slowly lifted. And even when she walked to the altar alone unlike every other brides, she knew her heart is safe in the assurance that once she says I do, she'll never have to walk alone in anything ever again. Because he'll be right there with her, like how he's always been.

When she was finally standing in front of him, she could stop the tears from falling down her cheeks any longer. Because she knew that the search for someone who will save her from thee cage of her lonely world was over.

Even the guest felt emotional when they uttered their personal vows towards one another.

"Ai, before I met you, my life had no meaning. Nor did it have any color. Everywhere I looked, I saw the bad in people. And I couldn't even care less about making the world a better place despite being exposed to its cruelty. But then I met you, and you have made me into a better man. To be honest, at first, I was a little bit scared that I won't be the husband that you deserve, but looking at you now, all my fears has disappeared knowing I'll have a wonderful partner for the rest of your life. For that, please allow me to wholeheartedly state my vows....

I vow to kiss you good morning, prepare you a warm meal, and prioritize you over all my pursuits. I vow to serve you with everything I have, support you, and give you the life you deserve. I vow to embrace you when you're down, rejoice at all your achievements big and small, and be patient with you in the days where you're not at your best. Against the whole world, I vow to side with you no matter what. Against any kind of danger, I vow to protect you with all I've got. And when winter arrives, I vow to warm you up with a hot chocolate and keep you by my side. For as long as I live, I commit myself to you. Chishiya Aika, I am yours til the end of time."

Aika gently wiped her tears before she uttered her vows. "Shun, before I met you, I desperately prayed everyday for someone to save me." She broke down into tears before continuing her vow. "Even when I loved colors the most, all I have ever seen around me was gray. I couldn't even bring myself to smile, because there was not enough reason to. Until I met you, and was loved by you. And from there, all my days were filled with laughter and smiles. The colors gradually came back and you filled the cold empty void in my heart with the kind of warmth only the two of us could recognize. And it was all thanks to you, for fighting for your position in my heart. For that, I vow to choose you everyday, like how you have chosen me. I vow to spend my strength fighting for you, like how you have fought for me. I vow to always affirm you, assure you with words and actions, that I love you more than anyone else in this world. I vow to embrace you when the day is tough, and keep you in my arms when you feel down. I vow to stay even when it becomes hard, and humble myself before you. I vow to trail my fingers on your cheeks when you feel weary, and peck your lips when you feel discouraged. I commit myself to to you, always and forever, I belong to you."

Chishiya smiled at her warmly. While they were both wiping their own tears, it was the happiest moment in Chishiya's life. He was so happy he could even record everything in a journal so he would never forget the day.

"I may now pronounce you, husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

Gently, Chishiya removed her veil, and leaned in for a kiss. It was sweet and pure, not rushed nor forced. And it felt wonderful. As if all the pain was nothing compared to the joy of finally being in each other's arms. Immediately after pulling away, he pulled his wife in a tight embrace. "Finally, you're completely mine." He whispered.

"I have always been yours." She replied.