24

"Take a break..." Chishiya gently told her, embracing her from the back and placing a light kiss on her cheeks.

"I'm just so excited! I cannot believe the hospital commissioned me to paint murals in the pediatric ward!" She utters in excitement, which Chishiya found truly adorable. It was worth it to pull some strings for her after all.

Unbeknownst to her, Chishiya fought his way to recommend her to the directors. A lot of heir co-doctors have recommended famous artists, as they both worked in a very popular private hospital. It has been a difficult fight but Chishiya managed to convince the higher ups to commission her instead. And he was so glad he did that, for he admired the additional glimmer in her eyes as she was once again able to do what she loves.

"I'm happy for you." He muttered, placing another kiss on her cheek. "But remember, we have somewhere to go later so don't use up all your energy alright?"

"Okay.." she happily hummed, painting small details on the wall while he's embracing her from behind. "I'm also almost done with this."

Chishiya took a step back to see the entire mural, only to lightly gasp at the breathtaking peace. It was a very intricate painting of a meadow, sat afar was a little girl petting a cat on her lap.

"What do you feel when you see the entire piece?" She asked him.

"The same feeling I get under your embrace." Chishiya replied. "Secured."

She gave him a wonderful smile. The kind that he always loved. "I wanted the kids in this ward to get the exam same feeling when they peep from their windows."

He smiled back. "I think I just fell in love with you all over again, Ai. Just why are you so fascinating?"

"I could say the same thing about you..." She replied, holding his hand. "You are the most beautiful gift life has given me, Shun. You are the subject to my gratitude, my answered prayers." She declared, melting in his eyes.

"Say, Ai...did you enjoy painting this mural?" She nodded enthusiastically.

"Then...what do you say about painting more walls?" He asked, and her lips slowly parted from one another.

"Do you mean..." He nodded.

"I have been saving ever since my first Job. Within a year, I think I'll have enough. Let's build a pediatric clinic together, Ai. Let's build a place where we could help children feel secured."

She grinned, her eyes lighting up. "For the second time, yes to all the things when it comes to you, Shun." She replied, tackling him with a tight embrace.

"Thank you, Ai...let's slowly build our dream."

She tightened her embrace, feeling his loving and securing warmth. "I think I just fell in love with you all over again too, Shun.." she whispered to him.

It was past four in the afternoon when Aika finished the murals. Together with Chishiya, they had met her bridesmaids in a Boutique.

"Usagi! Kuina-chan! Ann!"

"Ai-chan!"

"Huh? Chishiya's here too? Isn't it bad luck for the groom to see the bride's gown before the wedding?" Kuina asked.

Aika and Chishiya shared a look and playfully grinned at each other.

"If a meteorite failed to set us apart, do you think seeing her wedding dress would?" Chishiya responded while Aika only chuckled.

"I also want all the people I care about to contribute ideas on what I'll wear during my special day." Aika explained with a blush on her face.

While Aika had a lot of friends from her college years, and even in med school, nobody seemed to have felt right as her bridesmaids. But when she met the three girls almost a year ago in the hospital after the meteorite incident, and when they shared their first coffee together at the hospital cafeteria, she somehow knew deep inside, that she was already looking at her bridesmaids.

"Alright, now guys, let's treat this as our mission." Kuina muttered, clapping her hands to call everyone's attention. "We will meet here in ten minutes with the gowns we found, okay?" Everyone intently nodded, and Aika only awkwardly smiled at how serious they were taking everything.

Not even a minute passed, and Chishiya quickly came back with his pick. He'd never tell anyone but he had actually looked online for the perfect gown for her before they went to the boutique. And he knew exactly what section it could be found. He didn't understand why, but it felt big to him to be able to pick her dress. And he was even excited about it.

When she walked out of the dressing room with the gown he picked, Chishiya learned how it feels to have everything in his surroundings slow down. He could have sworn he even heard a distant sound of wedding tunes. Nevertheless, he couldn't take his eyes off her. To say that she took his breath away would be an understatement. He couldn't even make sense of his feelings that it made him feel as if he was about to burst.

The dress was an off shoulder ball gown that dripped all the way to the bottom. It had see through flowing sleeves and a lace flower intelligently placed in the right places. She looked ethereal, as if a goddess had walked the earth.

He gulped as she walked closer. "Is it necessary that our wedding's date is eight months from now? Can't it be really be tomorrow?" He joked, although he truly wanted to make her his right away.

She chuckled. "We don't even have a venue yet."

"Gosh girl! You're about to make me straight again! Marry me instead, Aika-chan!" Kuina joked.

"Not a chance." Chishiya retorted, to which Kuina just laughed off.

"It suits you, Aika-chan. I think that's the dress." Usagi commented.

"I agree." Ann backed up with a huge grin on her face.

"Really? I really really really love it too! But I think it's too expensive for a go-."

"We're getting it!" Chishiya gently cut her off, red hues overwhelming his cheeks as he looked her in the eye.

Of course Chishiya was aware of the price. He did look it up afterall. And now seeing her wear it, he knew spending over 300,000 yen over it was unregretfully worth it.

After all, he would be spending for his future wife.