9

As they trekked back to the hotel, Aika clutched on her wrist in hopes that Chishiya's anniversary gift would calm her down, however her eyes widened when she noticed it wasn't there anymore. No!

"Banda! Go on without me. I have to go back." She told him in an almost panicked voice.

Without sparing a moment, she quickly ran back to the university, not giving a single thought as to why Banda followed her all the way back.

She checked all the corners it could have dropped with her vision blurred from tears forming from the corners of her eyes. "It's not here." She muttered with a broken heart.

She felt disheartened in every corners she checked and still couldn't find the bracelet. It was the only thing that's keeping her sane. The only thing that makes her feel as if he was there. She knelt on the the floor, bursting into tears.

"You keep looking at your bracelet with a smile on your face all morning." Chishiya spoke, pouring milk on his cereal.

"I just love it so much." She replied, still dazed.

"At least finish your breakfast before admiring it." Chishiya chuckled, pushing her breakfast plate closer to her.

"I promise I'll never ever ever ever lose it, Shun. I'm never keeping my eyes off it."

"I lost it, Shun. I'm sorry." Banda stood as she wept on the floor. He enjoyed seeing her about to break, but some hidden part of him feels like it doesn't.

"Princess, people with guns are coming, you better snap out of it."

Aika ignored him, refusing to leave without finding the bracelet.

"Come on Princess, don't break too easily. Are you really that boring?" He provoked attempts to pull her out of her thoughts. "If you die here you'll never be able to go back."

Aika clenched her fist. She was the sentimental type, losing items with memories always broke her heart. Specially if it was from him. But Banda was right, she had to brush off the pain if she wanted to live. She closed her eyes for a moment, letting go of every feeling that makes her weak.

"Let's go." She told him as she opened her eyes. Banda grinned and nodded.

Aika collapsed on her bed back at the hotel. Letting tears slowly fall from her eyes as she stared at the ceiling. She felt exhausted, wondering how many times she had to toughen up to survive in this world.

Banda went out for a while, and to be honest, she wished he wouldn't come back. It was only her second game, and he was already driving her insane. While he took delight from seeing her break, the memories of the games, specially of the people dying haunted her even in her sleep.

She itched to scratch every portion of her body that has been tainted with blood, peel her skin off until the disturbing feeling was gone. But what good would that do?

"Shun..." She whimpered as she tried to fall into a slumber.

"Princess?" She opened her eyes and heaved an exasperated sigh, hearing Banda calling out from the other side of the door.

She chose to ignore him. A minute ago she heard a faint sigh, and when she heard footsteps stroll farther away, she opened the door to see if he left anything.

To her surprise, on the ground laid the silver bracelet she had lost. Once again, a tear escaped her eyes. She picked the bracelet and clutched it on her chest. "Thank you." She whispered in relief.

When night came, Aika found Banda on the lobby, quietly sharpening his blades.

"Why'd you do it?" She asked, seating on the chair in front of him. "It was uncharacteristic of you."

"Don't get used to it Princess. For all you know, I could be using that to manipulate you into thinking I care, so that you'd be attached to me." Banda warned with a smirk on his face.

"Please, I think we've already established that something like that wouldn't work on me. Seriously, what's your reason?"

Banda subtly snickered. "Well then. As much as I enjoy seeing you whimper, I still need you at your best to finish these games."

"You don't have to worry about me Banda. I'm more than determined to clear these games." Lies. At the back of her mind, she wondered where it would stop. Deep inside, she was cowering in fear. She wished everything was just a long dream.

"You're a lot easier to read than you think Princess. You're in the point of breaking apart."   Aika clenched her fist, she hated how Banda could read him so easily.

"That doesn't erase the fact that I'm determined to clear these games."

"Very well, I'll give you something that might give you a bit of motivation."

"What is it?" Banda grinned at her sudden display of interest.

"Remember the guys with guns and wristbands? I heard they're coercing people to join this silly group called 'beach'. Do you know why?"

Aika's eyes narrowed. "They know something, don't they?"

"Apparently they believe that one person could get out of this world if they collect all the cards they give out when they games clear."

Aika's eyes widened. "So they are collecting people to play in their stead?"

"Spot on, Princess."

"And you just happened to have 'heard' all of this?" Aika asked, suspiciously raising her eyebrow.

"Come one, Princess! I thought you knew me quite well? Why do you think I'm resharpening my blade?"

Aika sighed, crossing her arms. "Still, If that's the case, I don't think only one person would be able to go back."

"Why is that?"

"Do you really think it's possible for only one person to clear all the games? Either way, we need to clear more games to find out."

"I like your spirit, Princess."