5

Chishiya never knew fear until one day, he woke up in a world without her.

He didn't know how and why, but he suddenly woke up to a world oddly similar to the real one, yet at the same time, completely different.

At first, he was perplexed about how this world operated. Somehow, If you don't complete the games, you die. And if you don't play at all, you die. But then he realized it was because of the games that this particular world excited him more. Unlike the real world, he felt in control of this one.

And yet, at the end of the day, he still longs for the real world, for it was the only world where he could feel her warmth and wake up to that beautiful smile.

Game clear.

The phone read along with an AI voice. Another game cleared. This time it was 5 of spades, supplying him another 5 day visa. And as he left the arena, all he could think about was her. Where was she? So far he had not seen her in any games he participated in. And everyday he fails to find her, it drives him crazier.

Are you here too? He looks up the sky, wondering if she was safe. If she was in this world somewhere, he trusts that she would be smart enough to clear the games. But somehow, he felt uneasy, after all, she was the type to risk her life for others.

"If you're here, please be safe until I find you." He whispered, and then once again marched towards another game. If she was truly in this world, he was determined to find him. If she wasn't, he'll get out of this world as soon as possible.

He didn't care if he turns into a madman. He didn't care even if he had to sacrifice other people's lives.

He'll go home to her no matter what.

Game: Dive
Difficulty: 6 of spades

A female robotic voice declared. Aika frowned, just a few minutes ago, she was preparing to meet her boyfriend at Shibuya. But when she got out of their apartment, it seemed like all the people in Tokyo disappeared. The electricity has been cut off either.

She was convinced she was just in a long dream, and she would wake up in the real world once it ends. However, she had no recollection of ever falling asleep. And she has a pretty good memory.

Nevertheless, she walked towards the only building that seem to have lights on, which she discovered was an indoor pool. And she stumbled upon this game.

Thankfully, there were others. However, her feeling of relief was cut short upon gazing the weary eyes of the other players. An uneasy feeling began to build up in her stomach, as if there was more to the game than it seemed.

"You look surprised. You must be new." A tall young man remarked with a deadly smirk on his face. Aika's eyebrows furrowed. She remembered who this guy was. How could she not when he was all over the news? Banda Sunato. He was a murderer about to be executed in the real world.

"You look like you recognize me. Good." He whispers in her ears as he walked past her.

"Wait!" He stopped for a moment.

"Where did all the people go?" As expected, he only smirked and continued walking away.

Rule. Hide and survive underwater until the given time.

Aika took a moment to observe the other players. They look as confused as her. No matter how she puts it, the rule was a little simple, and yet they all look like they were afraid of dying from such a simple game.

Each player will be supplied with a diving kit. Please wear the gears provided before the game commence.

"You better gear up, princess. This is a physical game." Banda muttered, appearing beside her out of the blue.

"Physical game?"

He smirked. "Spades are physical games."

"There are other kinds?"

"Survive this game if you want answers." He teased, picking up the diving gears next to hers.

Oddly enough, the game began peacefully. However, after a few minutes, the others began to panic as their oxygen tanks were going low. And then the next few minutes, others began swimming under aggressively, as if they were trying to hide from something.

Aika's heart skipped a bit when she came face to face with the thing they were running away from. Sharks. Not just one, but a group of them. Although inwardly trembling, she tried to hold her breath and stay in the same place. She remembered Chishiya telling her how sharks were attractive to aggressive motions when they were watching a shark movie.

It worked, the shark swam past her, but she hated how it came to devour other people. Tears began falling from the corner of her eyes as she had no choice but watch as the water became a pool of blood.

But she knew she had to endure things for now. She had to snap out of her fears. She had to stop trembling if she wanted to survive. She would lose her oxygen supply soon, and the sharks would also run out of target, which means they would come for her too. She can't escape the pool either. She saw a few others doing it and got shot the moment they stepped on the ground.

She carefully swam at the deepest part of the pool and noticed there were several weapons scattered on the floor tiles. She was about to swim towards them when her gear warned about her oxygen running out. Without hesitation, she removed her gear and swam towards the weapons. However, her motion caught the attention of the sharks.

Having no choice, she swam as fast as she could. The shark was about to attack her, luckily she had picked up a katana in time and managed to stab the shark in between its eyes.

Three more. She thought to herself, clenching the blade. But soon after, she ran out of strength to hold on, her vision also darkened until she completely passed out from lack of air.

Her body dropped to the pool's tiles. The katana dropping along with her.