15

"Madam, the young miss wouldn't leave her room again."

"Let her be. She's throwing a tantrum because of her ridiculous hobby again."

Aika heard her mother and their maid as she fought hard not to fall asleep. She felt her throat dry up, and her temperature rising. Her chest ached as well, making it a little harder for her to breath. And yet as always, despite having a lot of maids and butlers, despite having her parents and relatives at home in their huge mansion, she's still all alone.

Aika slowly opened her eyes, waking up with her head leaned on her boyfriend's shoulder. A wet towel covered her forehead, and the deep wound on her legs felt less painful.

She lovingly gazed at his sleeping form, brushing his hair to the side and caressing his cheeks. Her face warmed up as she looked at him. "Even in this world, you're still doing your best to take care of me." She hummed.

"I think just fell in love with you all over again." She whispered, giggling at the thought.

Back then, when she was still living in the mansion, no one would even bat an eye when she struggles. Her parents believed in tough love. But with him, she didn't have to seek for anything, and that's one of the things that made her fall for him. For he exposed her in a relationship where she did not have to ask for love. Beacuse before she could even ask, he has already given her everything.

"That feels so good to hear." Chishiya replied with a hoarse whisper, having just woken up. "Stay here, I'll make you breakfast." He told her with a smile on his face.

"We have food in here?"

"I took some from a convenience store several blocks away."

Aika blushed as she watched him stand up and walk to the kitchen. Why is my man so reliable? She thought to herself. Even back then, she had a habit of pondering over that question every time she would watch him make breakfast for her.

A couple of minutes later, Aika stood up and followed the smell of boiling ramen towards the kitchen.

"Shun?" She gently called out his name.

"Hmm?" He hummed in response.

"Where on earth did you find a fully functional gas stove to cook that ramen?" She asked in disbelief. Last time she checked, they had an electric stove, which wouldn't have worked because the power source of all Tokyo has been cut for some reason. And now, there goes her boyfriend, casually cooking ramen as if they were back in the real world.

"If you know the way to the mall, you'll easily find the right materials. Others here panic enough to forget that majority of the population may have disappeared, but not the materials."

"You're right..." She gave him a sullen response.

Aika thought if people panicked less, maybe they wouldn't have died. If they have only thought things through, maybe their exploding heads didn't have to fill her nightmares.

"Ai.." Chishiya called out, bursting her out of her thoughts.

"Yes?"

"You know, in my last game, over 200 people were involved and only 45 of us were left. The rule was simple, burn the witch who had murdered the dead body. The answer was simple, it was suicide. Still a massacre occurred."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"The games had been purposely killing a lot of people no matter what. So whatever it is that troubles you right now, it's not your fault. Someone's behind everything, and we'll make them accountable once we clear all these games, okay?" He assured, and then a tear escaped her eye.

"It has been too heavy for me." She confessed. "But just those words took a huge portion of this unbearable pain. Thank you, Shun."

Chishiya carefully laid the freshly cooked ramen on the floor and quickly ran towards her to give her a warm embrace. "It will be alright, Ai...I promise." He reassured, and she believed it, because it's him.

"Now let's eat this ramen before it gets cold. I also got you your favorite strawberry milk. I found them on a convenience store and took plenty."

Once again, she blushed for his efforts. "Seriously, how are you so perfect? And how are you still making me blush after four years?"

He chuckled, pulling out the chair for her so she could seat. Unbeknownst to her, her little actions would also make him blush. He was just too good at hiding it.

When the day passed and the sun had already set, Chishiya and Aika decided to go for the hearts game.

Aika grasped on her katana as they stood infront of the entrance. And when Chishiya sensed that she was trembling, he held her hand and squeezed it gently for reassurance. Like how he had always done every time she feels afraid.

They gave each other a meaningful look, and both nodded before entering the penitentiary. When they entered, a note appeared, instructing each of them to wear a collar they've been provided with.

Once they had complied, the instruction lead them to a room where the others have been waiting. The place was engulfed with silence, and only their foot steps were heard as they entered the room.

Aika looked around, and as she had expected, they all looked the same. Weary and scared. Her only hopes is that the game won't lead them to kill one another like the ones she's played before.

"Shun, what's behind our collar?"

"Symbols, of one of the card types. Yours is heart."

Aika turned behind him to see his symbol, as she thought, it was different from hers. "I think the game would make us guess the symbol behind our collar."

"Makes sense." Chishiya hummed. "But that would be too simple, I wonder what's the catch."

Suddenly, the system chimed, implying that the last player has arrived. Aika's eyes widened, to her surprise, it was someome she was completely familiar with.

"Banda?"

The young man grinned in response, and she could have sworn he looked a bit relieved.

"It's nice to see you again, Princess."