chapter 15

Hugo

I am seated in my office organising some of the files when i receive a call from Chris causing me to automatically smile.

Hello

Hey you left your earpods at my house last night and i thought i should drop them incase you needed them.

Thank you

I'll be there soon

Hanging up. I find Allison a girl that i work with at the company looking at me seductively. Smiling i call her in and i must have been lost in a conversation with her for long because i hear the door opening and there stands chris with an apparent frown on his face upon seeing how close we are standing together.

Am i interupting something he asks camly but with an edge on his voice that only i seem to have heard.

Mr lewis good morning she greets with a smile and a little bit too cheerful for my liking.

But instead of answering her he observes us with a glare especially her hand on my chest making me subconsciously move backwards

Nothing much , Hugo was just asking me out on a date she replies as a blush coats her face.

You can go , i will call you later i adress her with a smile.

As soon as she is out of the door chriss takes few quick steps towards me and stops right in front of me.

What do you think you are doing he asks calmly but his eyes are brewing with anger.

What do you mean i just asked her out, she told you that.

And why would you do that

Dude.....we agreed this thing between us is casual that means i can meet anyone i want and right now it happens to be her i reply with annoyance laced in my voice.

And you think this is fair he says with so much frustration........you were with me last night and today you are arranging a date infront of ME he pauses......do i look like a toy you can just tost aside as you wish he finishes angrily.

First of all lower your goddamn voice and secondly you know am not gay i reply without backing down.

Scoffing he replies that's not what you were saying when you were panting under me yesterday night he concludes as he laughs with no humour.

I can feel my blood boiling just by hearing those words how could he. Raising my fist i punch him square on his jaw causing him to stumble backwards but it's the look of pure hatred that he gives me that makes all the anger in me to be replaced with guilt and before i speak he continues

Well you can keep doing whatever you want because this casual thing between us is done FOR GOOD he says with so much hatred as he places my earpods on the table.

Giving me one last look he turns and leaves causing me to immediately sit down. I feel so drained right now, this is always the problem about this relationship with chris, any fight with him leaves me so drained and confused. I decide to calm myself first before i adress him.

Half an hour has passed and all i can think about is the fight with chriss. Taking a deep breath i try to calm myself, why is this affecting me this much, maybe i was too harsh to him. I should probably call and apologise, with that in mind i pick my phone and dial his number 6 times and he doesn't pick up so i leave 3 messages filled with apologies.

It has been 2 hours and he is yet to answer neither of my calls nor my texts. Maybe it's for the best this should also help me move on from this stupid agreement we seem to have made. Choosing to concetrate on my date instead ,maybe what i need is a distraction afterall.