epilogue

Rowan

I was seated on the sofa reading today's newspaper and on the cover page was Brian's face with a girl tightly on his side with matching smiley faces with a caption CEO BRIAN MARRIES and reading through the context it seems as Brian went for therapy where he met her and she healed him in more ways than one.

To be frankly am really glad he seems to be doing good because  no matter our differences he is still someone who was there for me once when i had it rough so he will always be somewhat a person i care for. It has been 5 years since i last saw him and he had really left me alone , 2 years after which we adopted our 2 beautiful babies while chris and Hugo married and another 3 years of having a beautiful family.

I could feel my trousers being pulled from below so glancing downward i see    nalia staring at me big tearly eyes with a pout so crouching down i play with her hair.

What's wrong baby girl

Nathan doesn't want to give me my toy as she points at nathan

It's not yours it's mine he replies with a glare and the said toy protected behind him.

Ok.......well why don't you share

No they both replied

Sighing i glance up to see Daniel standing on the doorway with a fond smile causing me to immediately smile back , how after all this years i still feel giddy around him is above me. Walking towards us he carries Nathan causing him to squeal.

Why don't we go play those cool car games you like instead

Yeah and Nalia can help me bake for uncle chris and Hugo

Earning a quick eager nods from both of them. Daniel gives me a quick peck on the lips before disappearing with Nathan while i carry Nalia with me who had insisted i do so because Nathan is also carried.  Few hours later i hear the door ringing before i hear voices filling the house and considering the way Nalia abandoned me i am guessing chris has arrived, smiling i finish serving the food when a head pokes in.

Anything i can help you with Hugo says

Nothing much am done

Well we bought wine and milk for the kids and a bunch of recipes..... chris idea......then in a thoughtful face he adds i wonder why he was so adamant when he can't cook for shit......he the type that burns water he continues fondly........your lucky your husband can actually cook

Chuckling i move to check the ingredients he had bought and in a very suprised manner i comment

Well this are cake recipes and they are 99.9% percent right maybe he isn't a lost cause afterall.

Yeah right bet he asked for cake recipes

Grunting we continue chatting up and soon we are all seated at the dining table with nalia on chris lap while Nathan is seated beside him on a chair wanting to be close to his uncle while still claiming to be a big boy now and wants to feed himself, while am still trying to figure out how chris got our babies to love him so much that they basically pay us no attention when he is around but it works it's wonders when we ask them to babysit for us and  Daniel must have been thinking the same thing cause i hear him ask.

You are this great with kids when are you getting yours

Soon actually he says as he feeds nalia

That what we were going to tell you guys.....we are adopting.....

Ding dong the bell rings

Daniel stands up and soon he is back with Raphael his young brother trailing behind him and both of his hands carrying many bags and other bags daniel was already placing on the table and Raphael placed them beside them , i want to say am shocked but Raphael has always being an extended giver, no matter what you say he feels better giving a lot of gifts to whoever he cares for and while their relationship is still a bit strained they seem to be working out their differences quite well and am sure it's making Daniel happy although he hasn't voice it out yet.

They both join us at the table where he is received with so much enthusiasm from both the kids and chris and we continue with our seasonal mindless chatter when out of the blue nalia declares

Am going to own my company and become a boss lady just like dady and uncle raphy

Oh i believe it alright for a young cute girl you are already too bossy i wonder where you got that from...... Hugo chips in

Definitely from me chris answers proudly.

Am pretty sure that is from me....considering i actually own a company and she did say uncle raphy not chris.....Raphael interrupts playfully

And am going to be a lawyer just like you and lock away all bad people nathan says

Exactly ....chris says as they fist bump and make whooshing sounds then turns to give Raphael a proud smile....... see definitely from me he whispers.

I saw the news about Brian he is leading his life well......... Daniel says as he gives me sideway glance before stealing my meat causing me to slap his hand away.

Heard anything on Angel, chriss asks low and hesitantly as he feeds Nalia before turning and being fed with his husband.

Nothing last time i heard she left the country Daniel answers mindlessly.

Done with eating chris excuses himself as he go bonds with the kids and i know he will keep them occupied while Daniel and Raphael are busy talking about bussiness as they clean the dishes while me and Hugo are busy opening the wine and let's say proof tasting incase they are poisoned in this new scary world you can never know.

Later we all bond over a new movie and before we know it dark has already   feast upon us and considering the way Hugo is drunk chris although we suggest he stays he insists on leaving something about unfinished business with his husband causing me to stop insisting while i managed to convince Raphael to sleep and Daniel was laying the kids on their respective bedrooms.