chapter 20

Rowan POV

After the long talk i had with Hugo which mainly consisted of me explaining all that went down and him cursing repeatedly even went as far as wanting to go beat brian up but thankfully i managed to stop him. We had come to a conclusion that i was to tell daniel all that is going on and i had promised that i will very soon.

That's why am now seated on the bed watching daniel recount all that has happened today with a tired tone while thinking on how to break to him that his friend probably someone he cares for despite their differences is about to betray him and i know that is bound to hurt him , i know this from experience because i also lost a best friend once.
And being engrossed in my thoughts i don't notice him calling me until it's too late, looking at him startled while he is looking at me concerned.

Are you ok you seem so quiet today

Yeah just tired i say as i fake a yawn

Well i totally get that am also feeling extremely tired he says as he kiss me on my forehead before turning on his off the lamp and sleep.

Sighing i convince myself that i can always tell him tomorrow with that i try to sleep. Key word try.

Next day the day goes pretty much smoothly that i almost convince myself to let it go . it's only until at the evening that am about to submit some of the documents for daniel to sign that i find him pretty much distressed and he also looks like it with his tie loose , his hair looks like someone has passed a hand through it repeatedly which he probably did and he was looking for something everywhere and his desk had everything pretty much scattered everywhere.

Are you looking for something i ask with a deep frown.

Yeah..........he pauses as he keeps looking at his drawer before banging it up loudly causing me to flinch......it doesn't make sense i could have sworn i kept it here he speaks distractely.

What is it....... i can help you look for it

Taking a deep sigh he run his hand through his hair as his eyes takes a quick scan of the mess he has created

My designs for the new project i can't seem to find them and i have been looking everywhere for them......everywhere

Oh......

I have been looking all afternoon.........i.....i have to find them rowan he looks up to meet my eye and his voice is filled with so much desperation that actually makes me want to engulf him tightly but instead am immediately hit with guilt.

The due date is near and i don't have time to come up with another design he continues as he keeps fumbling with files.......if i loose this chance i don't know what i would do.........i have prepared all my hardwork for this day.

Daniel why don't you come down......

NO you don't understand my future is on the line here this is not a matter i can take lightly he interrupts with a sharp tone.

Am sorry i just.....

Forget it , I'll just find it , it has to be somewhere or maybe i took it home but I'll keep looking just in case.

Sure.......

I turn and head directly to my office with a heavy heart filled with guilt i left him looking for something i know he will never find but breaking the information right on this moment also didn't look ideal to me so placing the documents i step out of the office and immediately dial angel's number.

I will do it i say immediately........on one condition you will return everything to daniel immediately

Laughing angel replies i knew you would come along but am afraid i will only grant you the designs in my conditions