Chapter 12: Rockjumpers

Narrator: A rescue in progress! With Republic forces arriving in the Teth system, the operation to save Jabba's son will commence. But for the new Padawan, he may have bitten off more than he could chow.

Ahsoka: So, there we were, far behind enemy lines, sneaking our way to the shield generator, when suddenly, a bunch of these massive round droids came out of the ground, and I had to sprint through them to get to the shield generator.

Ahsoka said with a group of clones around her, many intently listening to the Padawan's story nearing the end of her and Anakin's little escapade. Leaning against the same LAAT a few meters away stood Commander Cooper, the Jedi in training inspecting his blaster pistol as he passively listened to her tale.

501st Trooper: Wait, hold on. How did you get the shield down?

Ahsoka: Well, there was a wall behind him with a hole in the middle, so I pulled the wall down on top of the droids, destroying them all and saving the general. You can tell them master.

Ahsoka said with a bright smile across her face as the man himself walked over to the group with the clones collectively chucking. Rolling his eyes, the Jedi general crossed his arms as he spoke.

Anakin: It is, but we have a job to do, so let's get to work, boys.

He called out as the group collectively stood at attention, with captain Rex looking among them all.

Rex: You heard the general. Move out!

Clones: Sir, yes sir!

They chanted before dispersing, a few of their number walking directly past the young commander toward a LAAT. A Purrgil adorned the nose of the craft with a battle cry written in Aurebesh. One among the clones, one stopped for a moment as Jerome holstered his blaster and gestured over to the gunship.

Jerome: I'll be seeing you all planetside soon.

Tess: Count on it, sir. Just a shame I'm stuck with Darl on the drop.

She scoffed before recollecting herself and gave her CO a respectful nod, joining her comrades as they mounted up. Raising his brow upon her comment, Jerome glanced around the hanger bay before spotting the sergeant in question walking beside Owl. The clone perpetrator having a reasonably clear handprint across his cheek. Sighing to himself, Jerome shook his head as he looked away.

Jerome: Certainly gaining a reputation, isn't he?

He muttered, soon joining his fellow Force users as they loaded up onto a LAAT with Rex and a few of his men. Engines all around slowly groaned to life, with air crews beginning the process of locking a duo of ATTEs to their transports. Picking up the pace just a bit, Jerome hopped into the troop bay, much to Anakin's surprise upon seeing the commander.

Anakin: I didn't expect you to be joining us so soon.

He said as Jerome smacked the side of the airframe, shooting the Jedi knight a teasing smirk.

Jerome: Yeah well, master did say to keep an eye on you.

Jerome received a frustrated groan from Anakin and got a soft giggle out of Ahsoka. The bay doors sealed before he could be asked to leave, and the gunship began to lift off. Grabbing ahold of a handle dangling from the roof, Jerome felt the air within thinning as the craft began its flight out of the hanger bay and into Teth's upper atmosphere towards their target. Inside the dimly lit bay, the center holo-caster blinked to life, and an image of master Kenobi appeared, clad in full Jedi robes.

Jerome: Master, what news do you have?

Obi-wan: Certainly not the best it could be. Jabba has given us only one planetary rotation to return his son to Tatooine safe and sound.