Chapter 5: Welcome to the Republic

Narrator: A battle won. After the defeat of the CIS raid on Reach by the 717th attack battalion and Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi's reinforcements. The young Force user Jerome Cooper has been summoned by the Jedi to the temple on Coruscant. With his companions beside him, Jerome begins his journey to the galactic capital and whatever awaits him there.

Jerome: Wow, I'm in space and on the bridge of a capital ship. Reach looks so small from up here.

Jerome said as he stared out the sizeable transparent plasteel windows that covered the front of the starboard bridge tower. The small blue and green orb of that was Reach slowly spun below as the fleet assembled into formation, the young man slowly taking each vessel's silhouette as he spoke under his breath.

Jerome: So, this is what a battle group looks like in person.

???: Well, it's a combination of two actually. 

A voice said from behind the young man user, to which he turned around to see an older man in a Republic officer uniform. Backing away from the viewport and Jerome stood at an awkward attention. The stranger simply chuckled and waved the boy off before clasping his hands behind his back.

???: This is a combination of the 7th Terran sector RJF fleet and General Kenobi's 212th task force.

He said before pointing out four ships among the mass of smaller vessels and the larger star destroyers.

???: My battlegroup consists, of course, the ship we stand on, the Liberation, those two dreadnaught heavy cruisers, and the two Terrain made Paris class frigates.

The captain said watching his ships fall into formation before the Liberation's bow. Jerome nodded slightly as he looked up at the captain after clearing his throat.

Jerome: It's quite a fleet captain...

Gallan: Captain Gallan, and you must be Jerome Cooper.

He said with a soft smirk as Jerome's eyes widened, and he stood rigid again.

Jerome: Y-yes, sir. How did you know?

Gallan: Word travels fast on my ship. Not every day a boy comes aboard with lightsabers and a commando droid hanging off his back. Plus, the head wound was quite apparent.

He chuckled; Jerome soon joined the older man with his own as he rubbed the back of his neck.

Jerome: Yeah, I can see that.

He said as Gallan smiled and looked at his crew, which for a Republic vessel was surprisingly diverse as members of multiple species made up the officers within the bridge. A younger-looking human officer with glasses and a brown beard walked up, data pad in one hand and a cup of fresh coffee in the other. The captain turned to his second while he spoke.

Gallan: Has the General sent the word Shack?

Shack: Not yet sir, still receiving troops from the surface along with their war gear. It probably won't be entirely loaded for another hour.

Gallan: Alright, thank you, Shack.

Shack: Of course, sir.

The man said as he headed back towards the consoles, taking a long sip of his brew with Gallan turning back to Jerome, gesturing towards the turbo lift.

Gallan: I suggest you relax; we will be here for a while, and I assume you don't want to bore yourself with the goings on here.

Jerome: Ok sir, it was nice to meet you.

Gallan gave him a respectful nod as the young man squeezed past the busy crew and down the lift. Making his way through the halls of the capital ship's maze of corridors after getting off, Jerome walked into the massive hangar. Clones and crew alike unloaded transport after transport came in through the central bay doors above. Staying clear of their work, Jerome moved over to his little portion of the hanger, having left his things and the droids propped up against a set of crates. Upon walking over, the young man started to hear a commotion from his damaged droid companion and an unfamiliar female voice.