Chapter 2: Hell on Reach

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.

Narrator: Conflict on the outer rim. Commander Zar makes her move on the planet Reach in an attempt to take it for the CIS. With our heroes caught unaware of this unfolding plot, will Reach fall, or will they prevail against the odds?

Standing aboard the bridge of the CIS task force flagship, Zar stared out into the vastness of space; beside her, droids slaved away at their stations, the fleet pulled out of the asteroid belt, engines alight with the green and blue orb appeared upon a hologram. A smile formed upon the commander's face as she took a seat at the helm.

Zar: It is time this backwater world joined the CIS. Begin the assault; if our intel is correct, Dooku will be pleased with what we find.

B1: Roger Roger.

The droid replied as Zar leaned back into the seat, their target growing vastly larger. An air of power emanated off the women before alarms began to blare across the bridge. A flurry of beeps came from the console to Zar's left as the droid turned to face her.

B1: Ma'am, the orbital stations are locking onto us. They are readying weapons; should we redirect the shields?

It said as Zar waved the droid's suggestion off, resting her head against her hand as she looked at the screens, an unamused expression crossing her visage. 

Zar: Pay them no mind. Those were over a hundred years ago; our shields will tank those pathetic old turbo lasers and slugs.

Zar said as the ships moved into the planet's defense array's outer range. A slight growl left her lips as the alarms kept blaring despite her reply.

Zar: Can one of the bucket of bolts cut those alarms?!

B1: Ma'am, three of their stations are aiming for our port escort.

Zar: Charge through and begin launching the strike craft and dropships; what did I tell you-

She barked before a massive flash erupted from three of the orbital platforms. The commander's posture broke within moments as the Munificent to her port flank detonated in a blinding explosion. Zar stumbled from her seat as the shattered hull ranked against the side of her vessel, the shield popping off like firecrackers as she gripped onto the console before her. Droids furiously typed away at their stations as Zar looked in utter shock at what remained of the vessel now shattered in space.

Zar: R-report! What just hit us!

B1: By calculations, massive orbital slug accelerators, our particle shields will not be able to withstand another volley. Orders?

It said, looking back as Zar gripped her saber and turned on a heel, storming out of the bridge as she barked out her reply.

Zar: Focus all bomber squadrons on those stations and send Vultures to cover the dropships! Jam the planet, target the city, draw out the Republic dogs and crush them!

Droids: Rodger Rodger.

Another droid replied as the ship shook again as a large portion of the escort's hull bounced against the shields. Zar bracing herself against the wall with alarms still blaring on her way down to the hanger, a crude smile began to form as she followed the legions of droids boarding their transports. Though, upon Reach, it was busy with action as the storming of feet as hundreds of clones ran every which way. The base was on high alert, scrambling fighters and combat craft, James already throwing orders together as his command staff came running in.

Midnight: Commander! What's going on?!

He yelled, his attention directly focused upon his CO as the clone pointed to the two CIS vessels upon a hologram.