Chapter 14: We Meet Agian

Narrator: Jedi cornered! As the mission to return Jabba the Hutt's son to Tatooine continues, forces of the CIS have cornered or captured the remaining Republic Troopers, leaving a particular commander with few choices for himself and his men.

Jerome: Well, as I said before, you're not that much older than me, and I swear if you-

Zar: Oh please, that's just war, but for your little heart's sake. 'Owl' still lives, as do some of the others.

Her voice was an almost sly purr of smug confidence. Jerome growling under his breath, looked over towards Anakin and Ahsoka as he pulled his hand away from the rudimentary comm unit.

Anakin: By that look, they broke through the defenses?

Jerome: Yeah, some of them are still alive if Zar's to be believed. So-

Zar: Terrian, did you mute yourself? I was hoping for-oh be quiet Ventress. After what this brat has done, I get to be vindictive. Now, before I was rudely interrupted, I have a proposition.

Zar claimed as Jerome groaned and pressed his finger into the comm once more.

Jerome: Yeah, let me guess. We give you the Hutt, and you'll release the clones.

He spat, his teeth gritting together under the involuntary clutching of his wounded hand. However, Zar's voice shifted towards a different tone, losing any of the condescendence for more direct underlining anger.

Zar: Oh no, that's for my friend to decide with Skywalker, but you, I'm coming for you. It's whether you come quietly or not that is the proposition.

Jerome: Really? I don't see the choice in that.

Zar: The choice is how much pain you'll be in when I take you back to my master. So, what do you say? Will you come willingly, because this time, you won't have reinforcements to save you, I'll be waiting for your answer.

She said before the comm went dead, leaving Jerome to sigh while dropping his hand.

Ahsoka: So, what did they say?

Jerome: Well, either I come quietly or kick and scream back to her master.

He muttered, looking between the two Jedi, Anakin's face quickly shifting to one of worry as he stepped towards the Padawan.

Anakin: You aren't willingly going to go to her, are you?

Jerome: Nope, but I will draw her attention away from you two. No offense Ashoka, but her, along with Ventress? It would be too much for all of us. I'll do my best to keep Zar busy till Obi-wan arrives. You two focus on getting the Hutt out of here.

He said before glancing down at R2 as it let out an offended whistle.

Jerome: While the 'three' of you focus on getting the Hutt out of here.

Jerome corrected, looking towards Ahsoka. The look on her face suggested the young man was high on Spice or something similar.

Ashoka: Are you crazy? Once again, you are in no position to fight, let alone duel to any meaningful degree. It's a death sentence if she's lying about taking you alive.

Jerome: And it buys you all time, all the same. I've got an idea. You just have to trust me.

Anakin's eyes softened upon hearing the little Hutt let out a nasty cough, its breath growing raspy afterward despite Ahsoka doing her best to soothe it. Shaking his head after glancing at his Padawan, Anakin looked the Terrian dead in the eyes as he spoke.

Anakin: Try and lure her around, avoid a confrontation, understand?

Jerome: Crystal, good luck, Anakin.