Chapter 15: Recovery

Narrator: An operation complete! With the deal between the Republic and the Hutts sealed and the plot of the CIS undone thanks to the efforts of Jedi General Anakin Skywalker and the padawans Ahsoka Tona and Jerome Cooper, rest can be attained by the weary warriors. However, for one of our heroes, that rest may not be so fruitful.

Fear is such a potent emotion, one triggered by a myriad of sources. Be it a phobia, a jump scare, or even simply that of the unknown. But those all pale in comparison to genuine fear, which every fiber of your being feels, to run away, to do everything in one's power to escape.

That fear, that feeling of pure unbridled terror, plagued Jerome Cooper's mind, for before him was the scene from his vision. Cradled in his father's arms, the man's words were undefinable, yet loud and fearful. Hot tears ran down the boy's cheeks, the feeling of wind blowing past his face upon the front door to their dwelling shattering, framing the cloaked figure against the inky starless night. The woman standing before them ignited her silver blade, her arm shaking as the figure flicked their wrists, silver and gold hilts sliding from the sleeves before igniting with crimson plasma. A wail emanated from Jerome as the terrifying aura of that figure smothered everything. Words were exchanged, but like with his father before, Jerome could not understand them. Turning to face them, Jerome took in the woman's features, her bright emerald eyes wide with fear, her features soft yet twisted as she screamed the only word he could hear.

Woman: RUN!

And instantly, Jerome's eyes shot open, his wail morphing into a scream upon shooting up. His motions were wild, sending medical equipment scattering around, the rapid beeping cut short, the cord ripped free from the monitor as it clattered to the ground.

Medical droid: Commander Jerome Cooper, please calm yourself. You are safe.

The monotone voice of the droid said, drawing the young man's attention, focusing upon the metal being, then slowly to everything else. He sat in the disheveled medical ward, walls painted in a stark white, mirroring everything from the equipment to the gown he found himself in. Recollected himself, Jerome pushed away the grasping fear, the tightness slowly loosening as his eyes fell upon the monitor lying by his bedside, then drifting up to the droid standing before him.

Jerome: S-sorry.... about that.

Medical droid: Given your sudden distress, it is understandable. I will inform the general of your awakening. Please wait until my return.

Jerome: A-alright.

Jerome said, watching the droid walk behind a privacy curtain, images of the 'dream' lingered heavily on his mind, a shiver rolling down his spine at the mere thought of the figure in the doorway. Grasping his hands together, their shaking not of his own volition.

Jerome: What, what was that?

He muttered, glancing down at the monitor once more. Jerome shifted to the edge of the bed and reached down. Fumbling to grab onto it and nearly falling out of the bed, but managed to fix the monitor as a storming of multiple people drew his attention, overshadowing the intermittent beeping the machine now released.

Jerome: Huh, that was fast. How's-

Liz: What the hell were you thinking!?

The clone major yelled as she yanked aside the privacy curtain, revealing the medical droid, the majority of his command staff, Jerome's droids, and the other Jedi he had grown familiar with. Though he first had to deal with the icy stare he was under from the clone women, as he went to open his mouth, Jerome was silenced by his major once again.

Liz: Don't! Don't you even start! You know the answer, yet you still nearly got yourself killed! You would have fucked us all over if you'd failed that stunt!