Chapter 19: Reshie Moon

Narrator: Preparations! After the destruction of the CIS battleship Malevolence, Jedi commander Jerome Cooper and his master, Jedi general Obi-wan Kenobi, get to work to master the young force user's powers, leaving others to pick up the slack.

If Major Liz was to be called anything, it would be 'by the books.' Everything under her watch ran as smoothly and efficiently as they had been trained to do, each step meticulously checked for error, less anything butterfly into failure and risk the mission, something that her CO had always looked upon with pride at the time when there was only one CO.

Now, Liz stood beside James, gaze tracking the absurd ruckus before her. Laid out within one of the Liberation's hanger bays sat an arena created from numerous storage crates with towers and barricades mimicking a battlefield. Yet it wasn't the creation that made the woman stare in shock, but what was happening inside, for there weren't any stun rounds being fired from squads training their aim, but a game of childish...tag?

Obi-wan: Remember, focus on where you wish to land and how you want to leap!

Jerome: I know! I know!

The young man yelled as he rolled out of the way of a swipe from Niner, the droid relentlessly chasing after his master alongside several clones, many of which the young commander had the pleasure of serving directly beside, case in point as he channeled his cosmic power into his legs and rocketed up into the air, nearly missing the scarred captain from tackling him from behind.

Barrage: He's airborne again!

Darl: I got him!

The clone yelled, chasing after where Jerome was projected to land before slowing down as he watched the arc, and the teen flailing his limbs as the Padawan let out a startled yell.

Jerome: Oh god! Too far! Tooooo faaaar! Incoming!

He yelled as his body began tumbling into the air directly towards the senior clones, but as Liz went to back away, James only shook his head as he glanced towards his longtime comrade.

James: It's fine.

He said, Liz cracking a brow, her body still poised to leap out of the way before her tumbling commander slowed and landed safely back on his feet. With a heavy sigh, he turned towards his master as the Jedi released his hold upon the Padawan.

Kenobi: Jerome, what did I just tell you?

Jerome: Focus on where to land...

He muttered, the boy being subjected to yet another explanation of the desired result as the other still inside the arena hopped out, retrieving the number of refreshments set aside upon crates, the men and women chatting among each other as they waited for training to begin again, leaving Liz to look up at James with annoyance and confusion.

Liz: Tag...our commander is training, using a children's game?

James: It's what he wanted to use. He said, "I need to do everything under pressure, or else I'll fail when everything hits the fan." You should have seen it when they started.

Liz: Really? Why so?

She huffed, glancing away from James as Jerome returned to the arena with a few others, once again beginning the nonsensical training in the Major's mind as James elaborated.

James: Well, beforehand, he was more or less flinging himself like a ragdoll and earned himself quite a few nasty bruises. It was almost comical, in a morbid sort of way.

Liz: Huh, I might have to go over the security logs then, could use some entertainment. Maybe a few more will knock some sense into him, and he'll get back to some 'real' training.