Chapter 16: Malevolence

Narrator: The Republic Star fleet is under siege. With countless task forces disappearing, the threat of a CIS super weapon is one the Republic could not afford to let run through their ranks. Thus, having tracked down the vessel, Jedi General Plo Koon has been sent to eliminate this threat. But as the rotations pass, word has yet to return on his endeavors.

Aboard the Liberation two weeks after the events of Teth, Jerome and his battlegroup were currently escorting convoys in case the CIS's secret weapon moved to begin striking at Republic supply lines. Though not as eventful as his last month, the young man used quiet the best he could.

Sitting within his private quarters aboard the Liberation, the young Jedi stood before his desk, the contents of the quarters as sparing as to be expected, for what little trinkets survived the bombing sat atop a shelf, chief among them the photo from his younger years, now sitting within a metallic frame, watching Jerome work his magic upon the robotic bodyguard he called his companion. Orbiting the space around them, both hung several tools in perpetuity from which he pulled from time to time, the calm stillness breaking upon Niner shifting its head down to stare at his master.

Niner: You've improved at that trick; this is a new record.

The droid remarked. Jerome hummed in return, tightening up the bolts that held together the thigh plates of the droid's right leg. Remnants of ruined wire sat in contrast to the roll of fresh, pristine white wiring.

Fastening down the last bolt into place, Jerome reached up and let the screwdriver hang just over his shoulder before removing the welding goggles from over his eyes, letting them sit atop his messy hair.

Jerome: Well, you have time when there's only escort duty. Plus, it's only impressive in a controlled environment. Because once I lose my train of focus-

He was saying before a rapid set of loud bangs echoed through the room. Not a second later, the tools fell from their invisible perches, metallic clanks joining in a mock symphony. Groaning in annoyance while rubbing his shoulder, Jerome looked back towards the door.

Jerome: It all comes crashing down, enter!

He yelled before retrieving the tools, all to the soft mechanical chuckles of his droid, which lifted itself off the desk as the door opened. The heavy footsteps were evident enough of who they belonged to as Jerome tossed the assortment of objects next to their case.

Jerome: Well, a few minutes earlier, and you could have caught me in the middle of my work. Is there something you need, Titan?

Jerome asked, turning to face the towering man before him. The gentle giant sighed as he glanced past his CO and at the small mess scattered upon the workbench.

Titan: I do, but I'm sorry if I caused any issues.

Jerome: It's okay, not like every time I need to use my powers, I'll have the sanctity of complete silence. What is it you need?

He asked, turning his back to the captain and returning the tools to their slots within the large case as he spoke.

Titan: To relay orders, sir, you have been requested aboard the Resolute. There's a meeting with the Canceler and other Jedi generals.

He replied, Jerome nodding as he finished his task and locked the case up.

Jerome: I see, and why can't I use our CIC?

Titan: Captain Gallan is expecting a call from Republic command, and at current, we have an advanced scout squadron doing a sweep of the course that requires the other tower. I was wondering the same when we received the request.

Titan stated, setting back as his commander slotted his tool case into the shelving to his right.

Jerome: Well, I best not keep Skywalker waiting then. Was a transport readied upon the news?