Chapter ten

Tessa's POV

I created heavy winds before I heard someone running towards me. The fire quickly turned to ice and the wind nearly pushed the person down. Leaves and sticks were flying all around, a tree fell over before catching on fire.

My vision was blurry from the tears, blood started coming up to my mouth and the pain wasn't stopping. I could see Alejo walking away. "Make it stop!" I cried and yelled out.

The fire formed a circle around me before I felt my head getting picked up, vines started forming on the trees wrapping around the branches and going down with beautiful spring flowers. The pain stopped and the vines on the tree disappeared.

The fire died down and the ice turned to water. I opened my eyes to see steve holding me, I sobbed before grabbing onto his arm and putting my forehead on it.

He felt my stomach which had blood all over it. He lifted my shirt slowly and there was no wound.

Blood was still in my mouth so I rolled over and spit it all out. Steve rubbed my back before helping me stand up. The trees were all burnt while some were frozen. Two were knocked over and four looked like something from Encanto.

He hugged me and I tightly squeezed him for safety, I don't know what the hell happened but it felt and looked real.

He rubbed my back before I started to get weak. I puked some blood up before almost falling over, Steve caught me and I felt him pick me up before everything went black.

•••••

I woke up to hearing beeping, my eyes fluttered open and I heard Steve and Bruce talking.

Steve had blood on him while Bruce was holding a clip board, Steve put a hand over his face in disappointment or stress before turning to me. I squinted my eyes before Steve sighed and the men walked over to me.

I groaned before Bruce messed with the IV in me. "Hey Kid, you alright?" Steve said while rubbing my arm. I shook my head and reached for a cup of water- I didn't care who's it wa I just needed water.

Steve was about to say something but decided not to. I sipped the water and placed it back down "that's better" I mumbled.

Bruce walked to where Steve was "do you know what happened Tessa?" He asked. "I was jogging... and I saw Alejo. But it wasn't Alejo, his face was blurred and he was all bloody like the day he died. He put a hand in me and caused me so much pain, I then saw my mom burning to ashes, the pain in my stomach happened again and... my powers went haywire before... before... I don't know"

Bruce was writing stuff down "it's ok if you don't remember fully" "how are you feeling?" He asked after putting the clipboard down.

"My head feels like It got stabbed" I mumbled, he went to the IV and put something in. "You were all covered in blood, but no injury" Bruce burrowed his eyebrows at me.

"Wanda's the one with super healing, don't look at me" I smirked a little and he chuckled under his breath. "You puked up blood before coughing, I did an x ray and everything is fine. What ever happened was an illusion of an injury" I burrowed my eyebrows, I knew what it was but I've never seen it happen to someone.

"Luckily Steve went on a run late today, if he didn't hear you scream you would be dead" Bruce sighed and gave me a sad look. "Have you been having hallucinations, Tessa?" He asked next.

I turned my head away from him, if I told them about my night terrors they would make me get help and sit out some missions. I didn't need help, I can recover by myself, ptsd and night terrors are natural in my family line.

"No, just some nightmares occasionally but nothing bad like today" I lied, the nightmares were every night and ya, today was bad but the others didn't hurt me.

Steve burrowed his eyebrows at me like he didn't believe me.

"I'll let you get some rest" Bruce patted my leg before leaving the Med bay. Steve sighed with crossed arms and walked over to me.

"How often are the nightmares, Tessa?" He asked "I don't know" I responded, he looked down and he took a seat near the bed. "I need you to be honest, it's ok to have nightmares or night terrors. You've been threw a lot for a 17 year old" he gave me a sad look.

"Almost every night" I whispered after turning my head back towards Steve. "How long?"
"I don't know, since I was a kid. My brother had them too, they're normal for me" I sighed flustered "what about your parents" I closed my eyes sadly.

"I don't know who my dad is, or anything about him and my mom died when I was three. Don't even know her name either, my brother raised me. Wasn't this in my report?" I sat up a little confused.

"Only Fury and Stark can see your report. I'd have to request it, it might be in your report" he sighed and and put a hand on my arm.

I realized I wasn't in the long sleeve top but in a hospital outfit without any blood in it. My face almost went pale when I saw my arms, all the wounds were healed and looked to be at least a year old. I shook it off as just my powers healing it somehow.

"If you need to talk about the dreams I'm here, I know what it's like to get night terrors. Bucky does too, he cares for you and is also there for you" he smiled a little. "I'm not quite sure Bucky likes me" i snickered

"Ok- to be honest he didn't like you at first, but when he started to get to know you he told me you reminded him of a superhuman before serum me" he smiled and snickered. I chuckled "I'm assuming the powerful part also includes the fighting skills too" I joked and he laughed while looking down.

"I was a scrawny kid, alright" I laughed and we talked for a little bit before Pietro and Wanda came in.

"I'll let you guys be" Steve said before standing up and walking out.

"Are you ok?" Wanda sat on the bed, put a hand on my forehead, checked my neck, and looked for signs of concussion. "Wanda I'm fine, I don't have any injuries" i snickered.

"I had an illusion of an injury that nearly killed me but I don't have any scratches on me" Pietro sat on the other side of the bed and grabbed my hand.

"Was... was it a night terror?" Wanda asked "I don't think so, Alejo was there. He put a hand threw my stomach and felt as if he were pulling out my organs, but the weird part is that his face was all blurred out" Wanda and Pietro both burrowed their eyebrows.

"My powers went haywire too, I ruined at least 7 trees" I chuckled and the twins laughed. "I bet some of them look pretty with the earth element" Pietro joked.

I didn't care that Sabrina wasn't here, I was just glad my two favorite people were here for me.

We talked for a little bit before I started getting really tired and a killer headache even more than before.

When it was silent I decided to say something "either join me or leave, but I'm going to sleep" I yawned before Wanda went on my left side and Pietro on my right.

The bed was surprisingly big enough for all three of us.

Pietro put an arm around me and Wanda while I was facing Wanda and she was facing me. "Next time you go for a jog, Im joining" Wanda mumbled before closing her eyes.

"Fair enough" I snickered before closing my eyes. "If Wanda's not available expect me to replace her" Pietro mumbled.

1366 words