Chapter fourteen

Pietro and I were slow dancing before the New York mayor came up "I just wanted to thank all of the avengers, you guys save our world everyday from dangers us humans could never handle. You may cause some destruction but destruction is better than no home." "And plus Humana covers car damages from avengers" Mayor Clarke stated.

We clapped while he walked down to Tony and Steve. He shook hands with them before going to his wife and three kids who were still in shock of seeing all of us.

A little later we had dinner and some people made speeches that I wasn't really interested in, I grabbed Pietro's thigh and squeezed it.

He groaned while my hand went further up, I massaged his bulge under his pants before Tony walked down from the stage. I took my hand back and he sighed.

"You're gonna regret testing me, Princessa" he whispered. I smirked before standing up.

I went to grab some lunch with Wanda, I backed up and bumped Sabrina making our drinks fall into each others dresses "shit! I'm so sorry Sabrina" I picked up our cups.

"You bitch!" She groaned and grabbed some napkins.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean too" I dropped my shoulders "this is why we aren't friends, you always mess everything up" she hissed.

"I know we aren't friends but it's still nice to apologize, or is your ego too strong for that" I hissed and wiped red punch and sparkles off my dress.

"First you steal my man, then you steal my spot and now you take my happiness" she scoffed.

"I didn't steal your man. He wasn't yours and he's been mine since I was 11" I scoffed as well.

"You're just a weak bastard who can't even get over an ending friendship! I wanted him so I chased him while you just stood there and admired him like a scaredy-cat!" Sabrina screamed at me.

"I'm not the scaredy-cat here! I stopped caring because you were happy with him, you deserved to be happy even if he was mine" I screamed back at her. "You can't even accept your powers! Get over it, you're powerful!" She walked closer to my face with teary eyes.

"I don't want power! I want my life back. You broke my trust" I said a little lighter but still a yelling tone. "Your life is best being a weak avenger that no one needs! You're the most useless on this team! I never trusted you in the first place" Her eyes were turning yellow and mine were turning blue.

"Sabrina!" Steve yelled

"I'm not the weak one... I was never weak! I'm just scared of hurting someone I love and not being able to save them" I yelled into her face.

"Well guess what Tessa you've never saved anyone you've loved before" she walked away upset.

"I saved you." I yelled, she stopped and turned around.

"On thirtieth March 2006 I saved you. I saved you from the bombing because you were too weak and scared to move. I saw my brother die in front of me while you didn't even know where your parents were at" I felt my nose sting and my vision was getting blurry from tears.

"Seeing your brother die made you stronger get over it" Sabrina scoffed. "I was 10, I was a child! I didn't need to be stronger I needed to be protected and safe, I should've been playing hop scotch or basketball not putting pressure on my 20 year old brothers wound and playing doctor"

"My brother was impaled and I had his blood all over my hands. I tried to save him for 15 hours while you were alive under that rubble crying for mommy! I was playing doctor on Alejo trying to save his life. He was crying out for help and reassuring it was going to be ok!" I walked up to Sabrina while a tear ran down my cheek.

"I held his bloody hand while he died the next day. His blood was all over me, I wake up screaming in the middle of the night from seeing his dead body. When I look at my hands all I can see is the black blood on my hands and tears dripping down. His blood stains didn't leave for the next three days. I am terrified of loosing you, I saved you and helped you. You were too much of a coward to even try to find the Maximoff's!"

Tears were streaming down my face and a tear fell from Sabrina's eyes. "Without me you would've died!" I screamed with pain in my voice.  "Now let's see if you can survive with me dead" I said in a normal voice before walking out.

"Tessa!" I heard some people call after me. I just realized I had threatened to kill myself.

I flagged down a taxi and got in while Pietro and Wanda were yelling after me.

I got into the taxi while silently sobbing "rough night?" The driver asked. "Ya" I wiped my dripping eyeliner and mascara.

"Where to?" He asked. "437 Beverly avenue please" my voice trembled. I grabbed my phone with shaker hands, Wanda was calling me. I declined it and went to text Kate.

I got out of the taxi and went to the penthouse, Kate ran and hugged me "that bitch" Kate nearly yelled. She sat me down and grabbed me some water.

She hugged me, I turned off my phone completely. "She acts like I'm not the reason she's alive. I saw my brother die, I acted fine while I saved her, my last family died that day" I sobbed, Kate hugged me tightly.

"Now you have a new family, you don't need Sabrina, you don't need anyone like her. I will always be there for you"

A few minutes later Kate gave me clothes to change in to. She gave me some food and we watched movies all night "thank you Kate, you're amazing" I hugged her and she smiled.

•••••

In the morning we woke up to Jack shaking me and Kate awake. We had fallen asleep on the couch, we were all tangled together with three blankets on us, popcorn on the floor, 4 open soda cans which three were empty, and a bottle of beer with two cups. "Someone's here for you" Jack stated.

"Y'know you're not old enough to drink beer Kate and Tessa" Clint walked up to us. "Glad to know you're not dead on the side of the road" Clint rubbed my arm before I sat up.

"No one knows you're here. But what the hell is happening between you and Sabrina" Clint asked.

I stretched and groaned "I saved her in the sokovian bombing and she acts like I caused the bombing" I sighed and Kate gave me a sad look.

Clint took me to a corner of the room "we're thinking of taking Sabrina off the team. I know you're not on board with that but she's not good for us" I sighed and looked down.

"What if I left the team, I'm the problem. Sabrina just hates me and she's more powerful then me"

"No she's not. You're more powerful than almost everyone but Stephen, Wanda, and possibly Peter"

Clint put his hands on my shoulders "you're staying on the team and Sabrina is going to SHIELD, fury is going to do tests- nothing harmful though"

"So she's gonna be another be a lab rat again?" I scoffed. "No, she won't be a lab rat. She's going to work for shield before going somewhere else"

I walked away, Kate picked up some stuff while I grabbed the beer and jugged it down "wow" Kate's eyes went wide.

I helped her pick up while Clint kept trying to talk to me "Tessa, just listen" Clint grabbed my wrist.

"She went through hell and you're going to do it again to her. I don't want to talk"

"They are just blood tests and strength tests" I sighed and turned to him "I may want her dead but I wouldn't admit it, I forgive too easily so this is why I'm saying no. No you aren't doing any type of testing on her, I don't care if it's just blood"

1390 words