❀┆ 02

CHAPTER 2

CHAPTER 2

──────────⊱⁜⊰──────────

Minho arrived at his apartment half an hour later and sighed at the sight of his brother, waiting for him while he was sitting on the stool they had near the door. His eyes were shut and he was snoring lightly. Minho closed the door quietly and took off his shoes before shaking Felix "Felix, I am back" he whispered and shook him again seeing the other boy not waking up "Felix, wake up and go to bed now"

After a few more shakes, the younger finally woke up and Minho noticed his red eyes once he opened them. Furrowing his brows at his brother, he asked "Were you crying?" Felix nodded his head and Minho exhaled softly "Nightmare again?" the black haired boy nodded again and leaned forward to rest his head on Minho's chest "I wanted to wait for you but I fell asleep"

Minho patted his head and nodded "Come on, let's get you to bed" he pulled his brother up and held him by the shoulders as he guided Felix to his room.  Felix had nightmares often so Minho wasn't surprised that he again had one. Once they got in the bedroom, Felix layed down as Minho was about to pull the covers over him. Felix tugged at his sleeve to stop him from leaving "Can you sleep here? Please hyung"

Minho let go of the blanket "Let me go change quickly then and I'll be back" he earned a nod and walked to his own room, changing quickly as he said before walking back to Felix's room who was already fast asleep. He had moved over a little to make room for the older who layed down beside him. The black haired boy clinged onto his side, resting his head on Minho's chest as an arm was dropped over his waist.

Minho covered them both with the big blanket and pulled his brother closer, an arm around him protectively. Minho wasn't the skinship type. He let his friends give him a hug or something but he rarely return it and his friends knew about it so there wasn't any misunderstandings. Only Felix had that privilege. Minho had a soft spot for his younger brother as they both had gone through hard times together, those bringing them closer to each other.

Of course Felix knew how Minho was. Acting like the tough guy but deep inside he was just as sensitive and soft like his friends. He just didn't like showing it because he was the oldest one out of them and he had taken that role seriously.

Minho closed his eyes and let out an exhausting sigh as he soon fell asleep as well.

☽☾☽☾☽☾

The next day Minho had work from 8 in the morning until 11 at night. In simple words, almost all day. His boss was such a dick towards hik and he didn't know why. Since he needed the money, even if it wasn't enough, he couldn't talk back and risk getting fired. He had set an alarm at 6:30 am to have time to take a shower, make breakfast for Felix and dress up. He groaned when he heard the annoying sound of the alarm coming from his phone and he reached beside him on the bedside table to turn it off.

Minho pulled himself away from Felix and got up before covering the younger with the blanket again. He walked to the window and opened the shutters, letting the sunlight light up the room. He also left the window open for fresh air and made his way to the bathroom after getting clean clothes and towels.

When he was done, he stepped out of the bathroom and passed by Felix's room to check on him and the boy was still sleeping. He then walked to the kitchen and started to prepare breakfast. Pancakes and a strawberry smoothie. He opened the fridge and placed the smoothie inside and as he was closing it he heard small whimpers coming from his brother's room.

He quickly made his way to the bedroom and froze when he saw Felix sat up and crying into the pillow. Minho walked over and pulled the pillow away gently, taking Felix by surprise. The older opened his arms and pulled him into a hug as Felix buried his face into Minho's neck, slowly relaxing at the comfort of his brother. He always felt safe with Minho.

"It's okay, Felix, I've got you"

He shushed him and rocked them back and forth, feeling relief when he felt Felix's tense body relax in his hold. Neither said anything and for a while they were just hugging until Minho pulled away, wiping the dry tears off of his brother's cheeks "You wanna talk about it?" he questioned and the younger boy shook his head and sniffled "It was about mom and dad"

Minho nodded in understanding and he was actually glad Felix didn't want to talk about his nightmare this time. Even though he had managed to bottle up that emotion for a year now, Minho was still in pain with their parents' death. He obviously wasn't over it. It was hard for both brothers to deal with it but Minho, as the older brother, had to keep himself from breaking down everytime he thought about them.

He sighed and ran his fingers through Felix's hair, combing them "Alright. I have to go to work now. If you need anything you can call me or pass by. There's breakfast ready in the kitchen and your smoothie is in the fridge. And go wash your face before you eat, okay?" he raised his brows and Felix nodded his head, watching Minho standing up "Thanks, Minho hyung"

The older ruffled the other's hair with a small smirk before walking to the door, grabbing his essentials and putting on his shoes as he exited the apartment. During his way to work the only thing he could think of was the weird guy from yesterday.

And for some odd reason he hoped he would meet him again tonight.

.❀。• *₊°。°.。• *₊°。 ❀°